• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Defense / Survival] P r e d a t o r

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Superb Avalon Presents
In accordance with Black Hand Industries
Website Link:

http://thejunglehunter.weebly.com/

Map Info

P r e d a t o r

The Game

Predator is based off of the movie Predator[1987] and every aspect of gameplay is a derivative of that. Players try to survive in a jungle using various items and abilities for twenty minutes. However, there is a lethal hunter stalking them in the jungle. The Predator. His objective is to slaughter every one of them.

Commandos: The Commandos are a group of heavily armored special forces soldiers tasked with guarding 'Arnold'. If Arnold is killed, they lose the game. They are designed to work in a group to survive, however, they can put up a bit of a fight 1-on-1. Their objective is to protect Arnold and survive for 20 minutes.

Arnold: Arnold is a hardened survivor with a bow. His abilities are centered around pure survival and cunning. His objective is to evade the Predator for 20 minutes or try to kill him. He starts separated from the other Commandos and must make his way past dangerous rebels and jungle to link up with the other players.

Rebels: Rebels are hostile soldiers controlling a drug cartel. They have a large encampment directly in the middle of the map, heavily fortified. But stock piled with upgraded weapons, armor, food and equipment. If players coordinate an attack, they can find themselves with a pretty decent base.

The Predator: An advanced alien creature which has crash landed in the jungle to hunt the world's most dangerous prey...Man. He is equipped with futuristic weapons and equipment such as the Plasma Caster, Medicomp, Cloaking Device and Shuriken. He excels at picking units off one by one. His objective is to kill Arnold, the Commandos are optional but recommended as they reduce the difficulty of winning. Once Arnold is dead, the Predator wins.

Features

-Over 60 Items & Item Classes (Level 1,2,3 Equipment, Weapons, Armor, Traps, and Medical Supplies.)

-Futuristic and Modern ideas and units (Power Armored marines, Rebel drug operation.)

-Captivating Gameplay (Roam through a large expanse of jungle, treading through water, mud and vines.)

-Unique Systems (Thermal Vision/Ultra-Violet Vision/Environmental Vision, allowing the Predator to see hidden units glow red, purple or highlighted clearly in blue. Also included, Mud. When used makes the user near invisible to the Predator's vision modes.)

-Countdown Timer (This makes it so games are fast-paced and end with a bang or a cheer.)

-In-Game chat messages (Whenever the Predator interacts with something or types a certain command a spooky message will appear or a custom sound will play.)

-The Big Bang (When the Predator is reduced to a certain amount of health [200 Hp or Lower] he will automatically fall to the floor and begin activating his self-destruct device attached to his wrist gauntlet. The other players will have around 10 seconds or so to high tail it out of there before a massive explosion wipes out any trace of the Predator...or whatever was next to him.

-Slot Restriction (Marines are given two single slots to carry weapons or equipment in, Arnold and the Predator are given 3. This gives the feeling of weight. You have to carefully choose which items help you the most and which just take up space.)

Screenshots:

223599-albums7043-picture88789.jpg

223599-albums7043-picture88790.jpg

223599-albums7043-picture88791.jpg

Progress:
  • Marines: 98% Finished
  • Arnold: 96% Finished
  • The Predator: 97% Finished
  • Systems/Triggers: 93% Finished
  • Terrain: 40% Finished
  • Total Game Completion: 86.7%

Last edited:
Level 28
(I hope you won't use Blizzard cliffs?!?).

Stop this 'Blizzard Cliffs bullcrap' you're doing. Its funny at first buts its getting annoying. Not everyone is as good as you on terraining and for playable maps, blizzard cliffs offers many great things and if used well can also look very good.

On-topic

I hope those features specially the different visions you listed are already done or almost there I can't wait to see some screenshots of those.

Last edited:
Level 9
ARNOLD?!? THE LEGEND IS BACK? FUCK YEAH!
This is an interesting project. Good luck, and i will keep an eye on this project.

Level 7
Great. I love this creature ^^

Right? Such an awesome monster.

Stop this 'Blizzard Cliffs bullcrap' you're doing. Its funny at first buts its getting annoying. Not everyone is as good as you on terraining and for playable maps, blizzard cliffs offers many great things and if used well can also look very good.

On-topic

I hope those features specially the different visions you listed are already done or almost there I can't wait to see some screenshots of those.

Using other tiles and skins can make a map's terrain startlingly beautiful, no one denies that haha but no. For this map I wanted to use Blizzard's cliffs then shape them and add environmental changes to make them look very realistic. Yes, the vision modes are finished and I'll try to post screenshots soon!

ARNOLD?!? THE LEGEND IS BACK? FUCK YEAH!
This is an interesting project. Good luck, and i will keep an eye on this project.

Thanks!

Level 7
Is blue the normal color of the marines or its just the effect of the Vision Mode because if its the latter then that is super cool man.

Oh, no no haha that's the effect of the vision mode. They're all different. Ultra-Violet (Blue) makes them black. Thermal (Red) Makes them blue and Environmental (Greenish) Makes everything much easier to see while still retaining the tracking system.

Level 7
he used a blizzard melee map called twilight ruins as base, thats why there are lots of cliffs.
http://www.dethguild.com/wp-content/uploads/images/warcraft/map_twilightruins.jpg

Indeed! Terrain is nowhere near to finished. I like doing it last, so please, don't judge the quality of terrain until the map is officially released.

On a side note: If you test the map, please leave feedback on what you think about it so far, what needs to be improved, etc. It'll be much appreciated!

EDIT: Just released a new update! Fleshed out some sound files to make the Predator interface and abilities more realistic. Also, after watching both Predator 1 & 2 I've decided to redesign the vision modes. Also added the new website: http://thejunglehunter.weebly.com/

Check it out! Leave a comment in the Shoutbox :)

Also: Finished redesigning Ultra-Violet Mode, switched different voices for Commandos & Arnold. Added some more custom sounds. Added special effects for predator death, also changed the count from numbers "5...4...3...2...1.." To the actual Predator language. Improved the M1-Turret.

Level 7
Yes , a hunger games would be great and good luck with your projects !

Thanks for the support!

EDIT: New Update! Revised M1 Turret..again. Added "Throw Grenade" ability for Commandos, changed "Rocket Launcher" to "RPG" with AOE damage. Balanced energy costs for abilities. Predator's "Net Gun" now deals damage. Edited Predator Language countdown system. Minor terrain tweaks. Tweaked Predator "Plasma Caster" item. Deals slightly more damage. Debuffed Predator "Wrist Blades" item.

Status
Not open for further replies.