• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

AvP: The Lost Citadel comments, suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
The Map

This is new version of my old map. I'll be glad to see any comments. Also I'm sorry for my mistakes in English.

AoS-style map with 3 races.

Version 1.0 (With AI)
Objectives: Each race hase own objectives. Aliens have to protect their Queen and destroy all enemies. Humans and Predators are trying to capture 3 Circles of power to activate reactor of an ancient abandoned citadel. Of course those race which destroys all enemies' bases wins too.

Features:
- Each race has only one hero with up to 11 abilities. But you could learn only 4. (up to 54 cobinations). There are 2 or 3 abilities in each columne and you could select one of them.
- Attribute system: when your hero gains a level you can add some points to each attribute.
- Power of some abilities are depended on attributes. If you learn abilitie which is stronger with high amount of intelligence it's worth adding more intelligent points, etc.
- Class-specific items. Predator can't pick up a minigun and Marine aren't able to equip shoulder cannon.
- One-type items connecting into one slot but not more than 3 ones in a slot.
- Some items decreases agility. For example armors.
- Aliens now can assault humans' base. Every 2 nigths they send large number of warriors.
- Human heroes are able to attack only when ther are equiped with primary weapon (3 sort of rifes and a flame-thrower). Ammo is limited, so you have to reload it (you can see ammo in leaderboard).
- Humans also can use secondary weapon which you can buy in armory.
- Predators can buy items in their base. You need to get skulls killing enemies to buy items and special abilities like true sight. Obaining skulls is an ability of predator which can be improved during the game. New lvl of this ability increases chance to get skull and number of skulls which your hero can carry.
- Aliens have honor system. They get honor points killing enemies, but honor decreases during the time, so you have to kill very often in order to get enough honor which gives possibility
to buy additional abilities. This abilities dissapears after casting. But there are some
abilities which you can't lose.
- To view statistics (Kills/deathes) type -stats
There are other type-commands: -cam to set up camera mod (e.q. you want camera be higher). But this command would increas lags.
-kill to kill your hero if he is in a trap from which he couldn't escape (some elevators).
- Aliens are able to climb over some walls.
- Predators and Aliens (heroes) can jump. Alien can damage area on which he lands after jumping.
- Predator's Shoulder Cannon can be activated/deactivated (When cannon is active you hero is very easy to be detected)
Don't forget to find this item in the citadel
- Predator can attack enemies being invisible. Cloack ability does not work when predator is in water.

- AI! It's very simple but it's enough if you want to play alone or there are not too much players. Just create computer players in open slots. Also if player leaves the game his hero will be under computer's control. Don't forget that too much computer players can increase lags. Also I do not recommend to create bots if there are at least 4 players.

Map was optimized so you can't open it in World Editor. The reason for optimizing was big size (2.5 mb) of the map. Now it's 1.9 mb. No one wants to download too big maps in Bnet=)

Thanks to Killst4r for his models and icons from 'Predator Wars'
Thanks to Vexorian for his optimizer.
Other models by Talon the Mage, Cookie.

Screenshots:
Screenshot1
Screenshot2
Screenshot3
Screenshot4
Screenshot5
Screenshot6

Level 9
well in the old version as humans i found that sometimes i would make the mistake of buying a gun but not have any ammo or enough gold to afford some, so what if you had gold givin in slow interveles

Level 3
Creo,look at XGM forum for more rifle attachments by AKM59 . He make them for my old map (wich i gave to Zilot777 )
VampireKB, I know that there are many weapon attachment models, but I don't want my map to be so big. I can add 2 mb models of weapons, units, buildings, doodads but no one will download 4mb map!
Anyway thank you I'll look at models you mentioned, if they are small I'll think about including them.

ben_xuereb in all versions ammo for weapons can be found everywhere. Some marines after death drop items so in the hotest places of the map there are many ammo.

Status
Not open for further replies.