• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sharpcraft Start-up issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I downloaded Sharpcraft, I unzip it to my desktop in a folder, I set the profile to be directed to the vanilla editor, and then I get a windows error:

Warcraft III World Editor has stopped working
Windows can check online for a solution to the problem.
-> Check online for a solution and close the program
->Close the program

This is the details I get when I click on the view problem details

Code:
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01:    World Editor.exe
  Problem Signature 02:    1.28.5.7680
  Problem Signature 03:    5956f030
  Problem Signature 04:    War3EditorHooks
  Problem Signature 05:    1.0.0.0
  Problem Signature 06:    59527ebf
  Problem Signature 07:    3d
  Problem Signature 08:    0
  Problem Signature 09:    System.NullReferenceException
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    0a9e
  Additional Information 2:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:    0a9e
  Additional Information 4:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

When I click the problem details this is what it says, any thoughts?

edit ---- I did not see the Sharpcraft dedicated forum, if someone could move this....

Last edited:
Level 5
I am having the same issue, no clue what's causing it.

Code:
[SharpCraft][0.1.0.1][Error] System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'MindWorX.Unmanaged.Invokers.FastCall' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Fasm.NET.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.

Level 2
Yeah I don't know.I have messaged 3 people and no replies, and this part of the forum is dead it seems like.

Level 2
Lol any advice on the actual thread... not somebody randomly posting their problem in someone's else thread

Level 2
Pretty sure the guy who made the tool is trying to help you right now. You want to stop being an entitled swine and appreciate that a tool for a 15 year old game is still being supported?

MindWorx helped Faction, I'm being patient I don't mind at all. It ain't a big deal. Chill out, and take your meds.

Level 2
Read Faction's problem and Mindworx's reply... and it seemed like those went together like peanut butter and jelly. Didn't know that applied to me as well as my error said nothing about fasm.dll.net or it's dependencies. Cool shit. I will check that out.

Level 1
I have same issue, it throws System.NullReferenceException when I attempt to launch WEX (all details are same as in OP).
Faction's problem is actually unrelated to the OP, because that's a completely different exception. 'Fasm.NET.dll' *is* present and in place.

Level 1
Patch version is 1.28.5.7680.

Problem Signature 01: World Editor.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.28.5.7680

I have VC++ 2012 update 4 redistributable and .Net Framework 4.7 installed. Maybe .net 4.7 is a problem, but it doesn't let me to downgrade it.

Running it as administrator didn't change anything.

Last edited:
Level 1
I've tried deleting profiles and recreating them manually, and it doesn't crash anymore. But there's no longer any extra stuff, like vJass. It's just plain old World Editor.

Update: Oh, that's just because the plugins folder of new profile is empty.

Update 2: Problem solved. Looks like I'm dumb and forgot to install vcredist_x86 when I installed vcredist_x64.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.