• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model imported but now error loading the map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello all,

Well I'm creating a Hero TD and i have used the Marine as one of the hero's inside my Tower defence so it can be you're hero during the TD.
This is not a protected map yet as it's my own and it's still in version 0.1

And i saw a pretty sweet model (skeleton marine) so i imported this one inside my hero war TD map.

While i did't saw the model just(the purple cube...) yet i restarted the world editor and now i'm having troubles with loading my map again ( it crashes at 65/67 units loading see the error of the world editor below)

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: worldedit.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4b88353f
Fault Module Name: MSVCR80.dll
Fault Module Version: 8.0.50727.4927
Fault Module Timestamp: 4a2752ff
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00014a7f
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1043
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

I have found my marine with the skin for the model in my .w3u of the map but i have tried to edit it and reimport it but it doesn't work ( is there a program that can edit the w3u files tried to search for one but i could't find any )

And i also tried to open my map with some another world editors (Jass NewGen Pack & World Editor Unlimited)

I really hope some one can help me with this one i tried a few things but they aren't working if needed i can provide my map.

The Model that i used is provided below:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UX0O2V92
After i used the model + portrait and saved and restart the WE i got the problem with crashing...

Greetings,

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Use an MPQ editor to remove all imports from the map (or just the specific import causing this).

Common symptoms of a curropted import.

What you describe is the editor crashing when it try to load the model data for a preplaced unit. This is the result of eithor the custom model being curropted while being imported into the map (reimporting will fix after removing it) or the model itself is broken and unusable in WC3.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
No problem, that is what I used to be here for lol.

Blizzard never intended WC3 to be such a mod heavy game, thus a lot of it is not very robust. Additionally it is hard to detect this form of error as it can even be caused by your graphic accelerator provider's drivers being more or less stable.

It is possible to run the same DirectX code on an ATI card that will crash an nvidia card for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.