• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

upgrade crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Hi. I got this problem with upgrades. I'm trying to create a custom race but every time I click on the create custom upgrade the world editor crashes and shows me soemthing like ths:

Worldedit.exe has stopped working
Windows can check online for a solution to the problem the next time you go online

>Check online for solution later and close the program
>Close program

At the bottem there is this

View problem details

When I click on it it shows this

Problem signature:
Problem event name: APPCRASH
Application name: worldedit.exe
Application version: 0.0.0.0
Application timestamp: 4d83be11
Fault module name: worldedit.exe
Fault module version: 0.0.0.0
Fault module timestamp: 4d83be11
Exception code: c0000005
Exception offset: 000de060
OS version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale I D : 1033
Additionel information 1: 0a9e
Additionel information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a7882e789
Additionel information 3: 0a9e
Additionel information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a7882e789

I'm using windows 7 ultimate

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Your world edit is accessing memory with an operation the page does not allow. This is usually the result of trying the access a page that is not allocated as a result of a delete operation or dereferencing null by accident. That is all I can tell from that error and only Blizzard can solve it as they have the source code.

Does it crash only for that particular map you are editing? Or for all maps? It could be something silly like a corrupted import causing it.

Level 21
Your world edit is accessing memory with an operation the page does not allow. This is usually the result of trying the access a page that is not allocated as a result of a delete operation or dereferencing null by accident. That is all I can tell from that error and only Blizzard can solve it as they have the source code.

Does it crash only for that particular map you are editing? Or for all maps? It could be something silly like a corrupted import causing it.
All maps crash.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
What version is your Warcraft? Older versions had some odd bugs and crashes in them.

Also have you tried reinstalling the game? Maybe some part of the game has become corrupted and causes an error when loaded.

Although not recommended, have you tried running the editor in administrator mode? It is possible that a lack of permissions is causing it to crash as WC3 was not designed for such a strict OS.

Level 21
What version is your Warcraft? Older versions had some odd bugs and crashes in them.

Also have you tried reinstalling the game? Maybe some part of the game has become corrupted and causes an error when loaded.

Although not recommended, have you tried running the editor in administrator mode? It is possible that a lack of permissions is causing it to crash as WC3 was not designed for such a strict OS.
I run the frozen throne version 26a,wich I believe is the latest one,but I can't patch reign of chaos because of an error

Level 29
I was experiencing a similar crash whenever attempting to use any icon from tft beta for an upgrade, solution was to convert them into blp2 from blp1 with blplab, save under a different name with buttonmanager then erase presently imported and re-import.
If the editor cant automatically resize any imported icon for display on the tile-dialogue where you will select which upgrade to base the custom one on, this crash would be occuring.

Level 21
I was experiencing a similar crash whenever attempting to use any icon from tft beta for an upgrade, solution was to convert them into blp2 from blp1 with blplab, save under a different name with buttonmanager then erase presently imported and re-import.
If the editor cant automatically resize any imported icon for display on the tile-dialogue where you will select which upgrade to base the custom one on, this crash would be occuring.
How do I know wich Icon it is?

Level 21
You didnt have any imported ? Then i dont know..

EDIT: Silly me, wait a minute you said all maps crash, what i said is high probability not related at all. Dang! sorry :p (unless you happent to have local files on and put the faulty icon in there to auto-overwrite a default one)
Local files? Please explain what you mean. I'm new to warcraft modding

Status
Not open for further replies.