• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WE crashing upon opening a map after importing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Heya...

I'm feeling kinda meh because this is looking like im going to lose everything I've worked on so far.

Anyways, I imported this icon (link) and it crashes every time I open that specific map. All others have worked. Tried rebooting.
//EDIT: It crashes when loading unit 71/73.

Now when I open that specific map it crashes every time. Specific windows crash report information:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: worldedit.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4d83be11
Fault Module Name: MSVCR80.dll
Fault Module Version: 8.0.50727.6195
Fault Module Timestamp: 4dcddbf3
Exception Code: c00000fd
Exception Offset: 00011733
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: a440
Additional Information 2: a440d5025d98c8afd950784b5c53ce61
Additional Information 3: 4bd3
Additional Information 4: 4bd33c35b3b1f78e475f38b93caad055

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

I will praise the one to fix my issue to the heavens! I've been working on something very worthful to a friend and me.

Level 15
I haven't tried using that icon to see if it's bugged, but that shouldn't be the problem. Usually if you import an icon incorrectly, it doesn't crash the game. You just see the default green icon of death.

So you're saying you can't even open the map now?

A possible issue might be you have a pre-placed unit which has an invalid field, and since the editor loads each pre-placed unit, when it gets to that unit, it tries to read in the field but it can't (overflow or a bad argument). In that case you would need to find a way to delete that unit (but without opening the map in WE would be a little tricky).

I know this doesn't solve your problem, but do you have any backups? If you've used testmap, it automatically makes a backup. And JNGP also makes periodic backups automatically.

Level 2
Thank you very much everyone.

It appeared that the error was a deleted import file. It tried to load it and crashed due to that sole reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.