• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sharp edges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
How can I create sharp edges, like building platforms? do i need model to create platforms or can i make them with terrain tools?

Level 7
I am not talking about natural terrains like hills or mountains. I am talking about structures, platforms with stairs etc

Level 21
Copy some random bridge(any will work). Then replace the model with Wall End Low.
Voila, you have a square platform.

Don't forget to remove pathing or use the one that circle of power has.

Overall, Wall End Low is a very versatile model. If you use it as a doodad you can resize it into a tile by making it low, or wall by making it high.
Bookshelves can be used as wooden walkways.

The upper left corner of the attached map is an example.

Attachments

• Terrain Template v0.00.w3x
    121.1 KB · Views: 32
Level 7
There is only wall end short in doodad list

But what if i wanted to have different model? i cant find wall models in hiveworkshop

Also cant i make more versatile platforms than square?

Why isnt there default platforming tools and need to resort to gimmicks when building walls?

Level 21
There is only wall end short in doodad list

But what if i wanted to have different model? i cant find wall models in hiveworkshop

Also cant i make more versatile platforms than square?

Why isnt there default platforming tools and need to resort to gimmicks when building walls?

I'm not really sure why it has been made so hard. Probably blizzard simply didn't care to think of this possibility.
For now using stuff like bridges/invisible platforms/alpha tile/city cliffs is the best that can be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.