• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sharing Tech states of allied players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Setting tech requirements for items

Hey guys,

in my map i am checking the availability of some spells by using dummy units. For example i have a spell X, requirement (technology) to use it is a specific unit. If i remove or spawn this unit I can set the ability to be usable or not. This works perfect if the unit belongs to the player who is using the ability. Now I have the case that some allied players have 1 ability that should be usable if ONE unit (which is set as tech requirement in the ability) is spawned. I want to do this by making this unit an ally of all players who should be able to use the ability. The problem is that the ability doesn't become usable if I spawn this unit. Maybe you guys can help me? Thanks a lot!! :)

Last edited:
Level 2
Well, i think it would be easier to have 1 unit in the triggers to turn it on / off for all players at once.. if this isnt possible multible units for every player would be a solution of course. :)

Level 2
Well, it seems in my case it isnt that easy.. maybe i need to be more specific about what i want to do. The heroes in my map all own an item, which should be usuable if a condition is true. I thought the easiest way to do this is to give the item a tech requirement. But no matter if the requirement is there or not, it is always usable. No idea why..

Status
Not open for further replies.