• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Tech Tree Dependencies. Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Im building spells that need the unit to get to level 20 to be usable, so i used tech tree dependencies and set them when the unit gets to that level, but the problem i have is some spells ignore this, and are usable from the begining. The base spells i used are Firebolt (Neutral Hostile) and Aura of Command

Level 13
Set them how?

I think the standard practice for using tech tree dependencies is when you want to forbid a unit from using a spell before 20 you make it so it Tech Tree Requirements: is a dummy unit with the name "Level 20" so when hovered over it says "Requires - Level 20" or something to that effect. Then when the player's unit reaches level 20 you just create this dummy for them enabling the spells.

The Tech Tree Requirements Levels I believe are levels of like research/tier so town hall -> keep -> castle 1 -> 2 - > 3 respectively.

Level 2
With triggers, i set the level of the upgrade, instead of a unit, to level 1, the needed to use the spell, and that upgrade is called Level 20 so it says, Level 20 Required.
But my problem is with those two spells i created that ignore such prequisite, while others set exactly as those two, works perfectly

Status
Not open for further replies.