• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Shards of the Alliance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Made by Theoden[KoMe]

2dsmkaq.jpg

[IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/2qakabb.jpg[/IMG]

During the Scourge invasion in Lordaeron, many men fell in combat end even more were raised as mindless undead skeletons or got zombified.King Terenas Menethil is dead ,killed by his own son Arthas who got enslaved by the former Orc Elder Shaman and Warchief Ner'zhul,Uther is also dead by Arthas as well,Quel'Thalas is raized to the ground as well as Dalaran and part of Stratholme.With the undead all around Lordaeron now and the Forshaken been formed recently,what now remains of the Lordaeron forces are depleted and tired with few chances of surviving this hell-on-earth.Garithos is dead too.The Silver Hand leaderless.The heretics of the Scarlet Crusade turning against every undead foe(and human later).For that many High ranked officers have taken command of their remaining forces to fight for their lifes.

[IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/2v1qk9w.jpg[/IMG]

This campaign will follow the story of the 5th Lordaeron Brigade who was ordered by Garithos to hold Dalaran against the undead.General Markus Falcon has ordered a retreat because his forces are too depleted to hold such a big city.The 5th is curently located north of Dalaran and holds a small village against undead waves.

This campaing will also Include
-Custom tree-tech for the 5th
-Many battles for survival
-Custom AI for the 5th(will be needed in some missions and i hope it will work well)

[IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/r0ed7p.jpg[/IMG]

General Markus Falcon
A veteran of both orcish wars,he started as a captain and gained ranks because of his excelent services and skills in both tactics and combat.He is a fiersome warrior and a devoted Paladin of the Silver Hand.After Uther's death, he left the Silver Hand and took control of the 5th under Garithos' command.He will risk everything to save his men for been killed and raised against humanity.

Major Jeor Morgan
Close friend with both Arthur and Markus.He is a former royal guard of King Terenas and an exellent officer.He has been in service of Lordaeron since his 18 years.His is the calmest person in the Brigade and the most honest.He will not hesitate to speak his mind even to Markus even if it's not what he wants to listen.

Colonel Arthur Selgon
Another veteran in the Brigade.A great tactisian and cavalry commander able to crush undead forces with few troops in his disposal.A close friend with Jeor and a big card cheater.Jeor always loses against him and still he hasn't understood it.Arthur will be a great help for the 5th because the Cavalry units are the most important ones.

Captain Katelyn Joreth
The only female officer in the 5th.Her husband,Baladon Joreth has fallen in the defence of the Capital city against the scourge some years ago and she promised to revenge him.She came across Markus and he recruited her in the 5th.Her talent in commanding and combat gave her the Captain rank soon.He has battled too many undead but she realised that it won't bring her husband back.

Bolvar Moode
Bolvar isn't from Lordaeron.He is hailed from Kul'Tiras and was send by Admiral Proodmore to aid against the Legion and the Undead.He is Cheif of the Chaplains and an exelent healer.He was kept close by Markus so that he will be in use when he is needed(that's always)

Steven Runner
Steven is the youngest man in the Brigade.He has been trained in Quel'thalas due to his father's friendship with the Windrunner family and now he is good with both scouting skills and archery.He is the scout of the 5th(not the only one but the fastest) and usually co-op with Jeor.

More characters to come....

[IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/epn4hk.png[/IMG]

Prelude - 100% complete
Chapter One - 40% complete
Chapter Two - 0% complete
Interlude One - 0% complete
Chapter Three - 0% complete

Screenshots

Team Members

Project Leader:Theoden[KoMe]
Terrainer:Forsaken
Modeler:Available
Beta Tester:Forsaken--yousef--Available
Story Help:Forsaken
Ideas:Kakuzu

Dan van Ohllus
Cloud Wolf
Lelling
levigeorge1617
Wandering Soul
HappyTauren
Vermillion Edict
Wrathion
Sunchips
BloodElf300
Mephestrial
StormLegacy
Tranquil

Special Thanks to:

Inspiration from:
Med Map Guy
Macelios
Turno

Preview image:
NIELSPETERDEJONG for the paladin artwork
The 2D Art Workshop

Thread made by : Forsaken

Any suggestions will be welcome.Help will be also welcome.

Attachments

• Shards of the Alliance.w3n
    2.2 MB · Views: 775
Last edited:
Level 11
Looks epic! Reminds me of "Exodus" campaign made by Macielos, I hope we see something better, I really like survival campaigns/maps and I will look forward for this.

Level 11
Here is a report for the Prelude:
1-In the loading screen it says Chapter 1 while in the maps list it says Prelude.
2-Am I supposed to defend the starting area only? or the entire camp? because I see mu allies are under attack and I just ignore them.
3-I was checking the quest log because I was a little confused, I found two dashes in the requirements, I'm thinking that this is your wrong, you don't need to type dash when typing the requirements in the trigger editor, it will make a dash itself in game.
4-When I finished the chapter (which should've been prelude) a group of yellow undead attacked my heroes in the cinematic and killed them then I was defeated.

Level 5
I have an update to anounce.I reworked the demo and tomorrow i will upload it for test.Also i will upload screenshots from chapter 3 and 4.Chapter 4 will be something like AOS type and it will have as a theme the 2nd war and the Alterac Crisis

Edit:Here are 2 screenshots from chapter 3:Mountain Expedition

230777-albums7547-picture88369.png

230777-albums7547-picture88368.png

Last edited:
Level 12
A very good campaign . It has a lot of potential . Has a lot of characters and i think in the game you will control the vast army of the alliance and a great story . So good luck with it

Level 12
I have a suggestion for you . How about to name the 5th brigade , The White Bastillion ? because white is the royal colour , something like “For the king “

Level 23
I will think something, and then i will post! :)
But my suggestion for now, it's change the model/skin of Captain Katelyn Joreth, for something more female; for me that model looks like a "shemale" no offense, but...

It would be nice to use some of this skin: Field_Marshal_by67chrome.blp or Lieutenant_Commander_by67chrome.blp; with this sword: Copper_Handled_Sword; maybe some shield as well, but I didn't find anything that fits.

Screenshot of testing the skins:
23mn72e.jpg

jz7llv.jpg

I like more the Lieutenant Commander, looks better.

Level 5
@Heinvers thanks mate I know me and forsaken will do a nice team

@kakuzu well I was thinking of a name for the 5th but I was planning on doing that so at the 2nd part of the campaign when the Brigade will enter a new non wrc3 world which has many known and unknown characters to you all. A very nice name you have picked , I may use it later.

@Forsaken these models were on my top list to use for Katelyn but I thought that the classic captain model would be more proper for a captain duh...but nevertheless thes both look like awesome models oh wait they are skins right??Hm well I could use them yeah.Thanks mate

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I mean, a skin just overwrites an ingame texture, right? I copied the watcher model which uses the skin, removed the weapon and added 67chrome's skin.
They're looking just like the skins. Here you go.
I prefer using them this way because it doesn't overwrite ingame textures. It also allows you to easily use both skins at once.

Paths:
Field_Marshal.blp
Lieutenant_Commander.blp

Attachments

• Lieutenant_Commander.blp
    66.6 KB · Views: 52
  • LieutenantCommander.mdx
    101.6 KB · Views: 60
  • LieutenantCommander_portrait.mdx
    60.4 KB · Views: 64
  • Field_Marshal.blp
    67.4 KB · Views: 53
  • FieldMarshal.mdx
    101.6 KB · Views: 57
  • FieldMarshal_portrait.mdx
    60.4 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Level 12
Glad you like my idea . And how about to add a elf ranger , something like ,when the orcs invaded Quel Thalas , general Markus saved his life and he is very loyal to Markus , something like Boreas StarsStalker ?

Level 5
Wow dude you imagination is amazing. You have just been added to team! :p
well I was thinking for part 1 to keep it raw human tree-tech and heroes.

Also when the orcs invaded Quel'thalas "colonel" Markus was stationed along with Sir Lothar to the south.When the Alterac Crisis rose up he was transferred to Turalyon's army.But I quess I could change that also....

Level 5
Well it seems you have a lot to offer cause you think fast and good.
I have plans on adding other races to fight side by side with the 5th.I may suddenly add him with his pre history at the 2nd part.By the way I have 2 parts so far:
Part 1:Shards of the Alliance
Part 2:New World

As you can imagine at the end of SotA the 5th will leave this world to enter a new one.I hate to be a spoiler :p

Level 12
And how about a traitor . When Varian become king of the alliance , general Barodius The Orcs Eater betray the alliance because he hate Varian and he want to kill Varian and become the king . You can make a mission like “ Death to the traitor “ What you think ?

Level 12
Hmm to betray someone because you just hate him is just ....errrr bad idea! How about he betrays him because King Varian dismissed him from the Stormwind army because he was afraid that he could rose to power fast?
Yeah and from that day Barodius lead a band of mercenary and want to kill Varian and to become king because of his arrogance . What you think ?

Level 5
Sounds really nice but the only problem is that varian won't appear in this campaign :p
What I have so far so you can get in touch:
The 5th was under the Command of Garithos who is now dead!
General Markus Falcon is the new commander of the 5th now along with the other officers who star in this campaign as well.
Since the 5th has several loses they left Dalaran cause they couldn't hold it any longer and moves North to the Alterac Mountains atm.
Since they met with Markus' old friend Hath, the way to Alterac is blocked by Crushridge Ogres and so Markus reveals his true plan:
Long ago he heared of an Orc Warlcok somewhere in the Alterac Valey who they say he can summon portals to other worlds. His plan is to confront him and make him open a portal so the 5th can leave Lordaeron and look ahead for new adventures and lands.

That's all I have so far. I was thinking of some Imaginary heroes from other games and movies to be part in this new world cause its my campaign :p .But know that I see you have some excellent ideas I can change my plans for book 2 (part 2)

Level 12
My idea for the new world ( second book ) Markus and his warriors arive in our world but in the past and they will have to fight with the greatest empire of the history . 1)The Persian Empire built and lead by Cyrus The second The great (one of the greatest strategyst of the antiquity ) and their elite army The Inmortals / 2) The Roman Empire lead by the greatest emperor Traian (The one who in 106 conquered Dacia ) and their army Roman Legion / 3) The Mongol Empire , the greatest empire of all , lead by The great Ginghiz Khan and their army The Blue Mongols . What you think ?

Level 5
@Heinvers nah I would like to hear suggestions from anyone who is willing to do so.

@Kakuzu wow slow down mate what you say has some point of fighting against a strong enemy but why to go on our world? In addition there was no Mongol empire cause the Mogols never conquered nothing! They just pillaged and looted!

Just name a new world cause I'm out with names lol :p and the major faction(s) ruling there

@Shar No human who lived in Lordaeron has a home now.General Markus learned about this Warlock long ago and he plans on getting his hands on him to explore other worlds or to even conquer them! Treason? ofc not! When Lordaeron fell Varian didn't took the Alliance command at the same time...there is a 4 years gap from wrc3 history to wow lore so I suppose that this is where my campaign is atm.

Level 12
@Theoden: I like the ideas,.
So General Markus doesn't want to stay in Lordaeron, right? I wonder how his officers will react when they hear that he wants them to leave their homelands behind and surrender it to the Undead. I mean, thinking of betrayal sounds reasonable under these circumstances, doesn't it?

Maybe he want to go to a new place to find warriors to help him to eliberate Lordaeron

Level 12
@Heinvers nah I would like to hear suggestions from anyone who is willing to do so.

@Kakuzu wow slow down mate what you say has some point of fighting against a strong enemy but why to go on our world? In addition there was no Mongol empire cause the Mogols never conquered nothing! They just pillaged and looted!

Just name a new world cause I'm out with names lol :p and the major faction(s) ruling there

Sorry but it was an Mongol Empire , they were mindeless beasts but Ginghiz Han made from them a strong army . i know because i like history

Status
Not open for further replies.