• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shards of Resistance: The Raiders

mathiaslogo-png.353427

shabutton1-png.373332

A single-player campaign based on Lord Soze's classic campaign of the same name.
The story follows the conflict between the surviving Blackrock clan, the human kingdoms
of the Northlands and the Vampire Lords of Khemri.

The campaign was remade from the ground up, featuring high-definition models and some redone
cutscenes. I'm aware of issues with the finale, but alas, this is merely a remake. Anyway, enjoy!

matborder-png.373331

shardsprev-jpg.353429

newshards-jpg.399118

shabutton2-png.373333

wc3scrnshot_041420_042154_01-jpg.353426

wc3scrnshot_041420_042207_02-jpg.353425

wc3scrnshot_041420_042338_04-jpg.353424

wc3scrnshot_041420_044635_01-jpg.353423

wc3scrnshot_041420_044859_03-jpg.353422

wc3scrnshot_041420_044948_04-jpg.353421

wc3scrnshot_041420_051433_01-jpg.353420

wc3scrnshot_041420_051703_02-jpg.353419

wc3scrnshot_041420_054546_02-jpg.353417

wc3scrnshot_041420_060856_03-jpg.353416

wc3scrnshot_041420_060951_04-jpg.353415

wc3scrnshot_041420_061840_01-jpg.353413

wc3scrnshot_041420_061951_02-jpg.353412

shabutton3-png.373334

- Fixed some typos
- Added dozens of new models, both for units and decorative (thanks to Warcraft: Rebirth, YourArthas)
- Changed Kobayashi's model
- Fixed error where Kobayashi and Verbal do not appear in "The Remnants"

- Updated campaign's HIVE profile page

- Updated with new HD models
- Reworked some of Bauer's dialogue
- Replaced Kobayashi's bugged Firebolt spell
- Minor visual enhancements in the terrain and cutscenes

- Released

shabutton4-png.373335

This campaign was made with Warcraft III patch 1.27 and not Reforged.
Due to some players have different versions of the game, which may result in possible crashes,
I've decided to have all the levels unlocked.

matborder-png.373331

shabutton5-png.373336

Lord_Soze (Original Creator)
Med. MapGuy (Co-Creator)

Models:
Your Arthas
yonatanDS
Warcraft Rebirth
Tamplier777
Dreacon (Tileset Artist)
Dimitry Rommel
Nasrudin
Kill4ster (Starcraft Models)
Whitehorn
Armel
Urkdrengi
!!GORO!!
Crazynutter
Pheonix-IV
Xaran Alamas
Lord_Soze
DP Clan
tobyfat50

Promotional Art:
Wang Wei
Jeremy Chong

Sound and Music:
World of Warcraft
Blizzard Entertainment (WoW)
Monolith Productions (F.E.A.R.)
Bethesda Software (Fallout Tactics)
Creative Assembly (Rome: Total War)
Jedi Academy, Half-life: Counter-Strike

Special Thanks:
Lord_Soze
Dreacon
Your Arthas
Jayborino
Abishkar
诺森德的呜喵王
Otherknownoise
deepstrasz
Shar Dundred

Contents

Shards of Resistance: Classic (Campaign)

Shards of Resistance: The Raiders (Campaign)

Reviews
VGsatomi: Approved. This campaign was originally hosted on wc3search.

M

VGsatomi: Approved. This campaign was originally hosted on wc3search.

Level 1
Broken campaign. Original creator says "improvements" make some levels unfinishable. "Improver" admits he didn't test the campaign without using cheat codes. Broken trigger in the level with infinite trog respawns (which is pathetic in itself).

Looks like an interesting plot. Original campaign is probably worth checking out. This version isn't worth your time though.

Level 1
:D!!! GREAT! I only found some really small bugs and mistakes! It was wonderful! :)!! This is what a perfect campaign should look like.

Level 1
Sorry to be nuisance, but the link provided doesn't work for me.
Does anyone have an alternative link I could DL from?(Platinum, make sure its not ending with SE)

Level 5
I saved this map file in the campaign folder of warcraft 3. It doesent show in the custom campaign section of warcrft 3.... so i am confused. The only reason why i assumed it was a campaign is because thats what people where calling it. I also extracted the map filed with winzip and it still doesent work sooo...... how to i play this map?

Level 1
Nice campaign really like it ... But there are some bugs especially this fireball bug with the raider warchief.. i mean it lags like hell if you cast it 2 times : (
9/10 because of some bugs but still one of the best campaigns
you can play this map by adding .w3n at the end of the file's name

Level 1
Absolutely Brilliant!
The best custom campaign by a wide margin.

*however*

Kobayashi's fireball spell creates a massive memory leak for me that can't be fixed with a map reload or even restarting FT. I assume this is a version conflict. Does anyone have a fix for this?

UPDATE:
Having played this campaign through, it is truly broken.
Insanely imbalanced missions and wildly confusing terrain.
Such a shame. The cinematics are beautiful and the models and custom doodads are great.

Last edited:
Level 3
Awesome job there guys, a flawless campaign from all viewpoints. I do hope you'll make a follow-up.

5 out of 5!

Level 3
I have downloaded the campaign and saved it in my Campaign list. But when i start WC:3 and go to custom campaign then it isnt there, so i copied it to map ( Frozen throne ) There it wasnt aswell, what do i need to do?

Level 3
Great orc skins, good story, several bugs, some hard levels(I must use cheats on one to survive).
5/5

Last edited:
Level 1
Best campaign I have ever played, I must say. The cinematics were awesome, and the music made me to feel like I'm watching a great movie. Kobayashi's fireball made my game so LAGGY!, so It was harder to fight without that DPS from It. There were some bugs and issues but It wasn't annoying. Anyway, Campaign is the best of the best. 20/10

Level 1
Joined up just to post here! Better than average Warcraft Campaign!

The memory leak from that fireball spell is an absolute bint but everything else is fantastic, especially the cinematics! Rather unnecessarily difficult at times but that's just one person's opinion.

There could be better directions in many of the levels, like the one where you defend the canyon especially. I just kinda got dropped in with this huge base and map without a clue as to what I should be doing. I didn't know whether to erect towers or build units or what and it made everything very confusing.

That's just a fraction of my experience, though. I want to mention in closing that the terrain is incredibly designed, and it was enjoyable to explore every corner of the maps.

Level 4
At the first mission, the game is unplayable because after engaging the first "wave" of undead the fps drops down and the game is like I said, unplayable. Is it to you guys too or does it happen only to me? That's too bad. :( I really wanted to play this campaign because I heard it is the 4th from Joe's Chronicles.

EDIT: Oh, it seems the fireball spell is bugged, that's why it makes the game drop fps. I will come back with a review after finishing the campaign.

Last edited:
Level 1
This campaign looks really good. I've played som missions and I'm loving it. But I have a problem that I wonder if someone else has had.
When I play it at hard difficulty it reallys slows down even if I change resolution and other graphis stuffs. I have tried with very loooow resolution but nothing. I understand that quality of the campaign is high and sometimes the number of the enemies is elevate but it is still very odd isnt't? Besides I have a very good laptop with a last-generation nvidia so... It's weird that warcraft3 is pushing it to the limit. I have no such problems with starcraft2... When I play the first mission at hard it starts slow down after some seconds but it doens't do it at normal even it the number of the enemies at the beginnig of the map it seems to be the same. Second mission: no problem but the third one start to slow down when you get to run the orcish base and take down the undead while taking the heroes to the oracle. Does the campaign-editor knows something about this?

Level 1
I've read only now the previous comment about the blizzard updates as cause of it, isn't there something that can be done to avoid the problem?

Level 1
Fps problem

Allright, I got it now. It's , ac Cioco said, the fireball thing. There is no such problem in the second mission because Kobayashi is not in it. Let's play it now :)

Level 4
Allright, I got it now. It's , ac Cioco said, the fireball thing.

I'm glad all's well now. ^^
One month passed since I've started playing this campaign, and I didn't finish it. I was stuck half month at the 7th mission, and now I'm stuck at the last one. XD It is very hard.

EDIT:
FINISHED IT!!! I've FINISHED IT!!! FINALLY!!!!
Instead of writing the bugs I've found, and the bad things, I will just ignore them in this "review". Because, at the moment, I just don't care!!! After so much time being stuck at mission 7, then the last one, I just can't believe I'm done!
It was an amazing experience. Great job, author! Mission 7 was indeed hard, but just because you need to use your brain a little for a sound strategy, but then the last one was just unnecessarily hard, but, as I said, I don't care! It was amazing! Once again, great job! ^^
And, answering to the question at the end of the campaign (tho I know it will never happen), yea I'D LOVE TO SEE A SEQUEL! XD
And DUDE, the last cinematic was so BADASS!!! Because of the little bugs found here and there, and for the last mission, I will rate 4/5. But man, if this would've had no technical issues or bugs, and if the last mission would have been a little easier, this would've been my favorite custom campaign ever!

Last edited: