• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shards of Power [Returned, Revised and Improved]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
New content i made up, about the creation of the world of Deimosh.

Myth: The Embodiments of Deimosh

From a library book somewhere in the endless bookshelves;

The embodiments of Deimosh are huge creatures with massive bodies so big that some of them have a hard time to move around. There are three embodiments of the waters, and three embodiments of the land. The embodiments had the purpose to control the water and lands but also to shape the world to it’s former state. It is said that Deimosh was the only planet that had embodiments placed on it to shape the world in more detail and beauty. First, Deimosh existed out of a big chunk of landscape that was torn apart by the Ancients’ gladiators and they were also roughly shaped with mountains, hills and other debris. But this time the Ancients liked to organize things a bit different, from the moment on Deimosh was ready to be exposed to new experiments it was the most favorite piece of art and creation the Ancients ever made. We also assume this was also a reason for rebelling against the lords of the universe, they had a new way of creating by sending in lesser powers and do the rest of the work into the smallest details. And this is where the embodiments were ment for, most of the embodiments are animals with a normal instinct but more intellect than an average Renmei. And offcourse the embodiments possessed the power to create, destroy and bring life. When they’re task was done and the Ancients sacrificed themselves to create the Atmosphere to protect Deimosh from the Lords of the universe the embodiments lost they’re powers to create, destroy and bring forth life. The world as it was, was not completely done but they agreed with the fact that they couldn’t shape it any further and had to let it go into Renmeinian hands. Now these embodiments chose to rest, and awaits they’re death or live like kings and rule the creatures in the seas and land. Here is a list of the embodiments.

EMBODIMENTS OF THE WATER

Tortutok, Duke of the Seas: Tortutok was a giant turtle, and like any turtle he was very slow. His purpose was to create life. He created life and then watched it evaluate and in the end he would see into it if he was happy with the result. Tortutok was a very lazy embodiment but this was also a requirement for someone with a job like him. He had to be very patient, and most of his life he was resting and waiting for his creations to grow. It is rumored that the lands of Brakhonan are resting upon a giant turtle, but there has been no proof of this. And we also have to see if it’s just no another giant sea monster or really the duke of the seas. (Embodiment of life)

Serpentus, Lord of the Depth’s: Serpentus is a giant water snake. His body is measured to be 30 meter’s thick and between the 150-200 meters long. His main purpose was not to create, but to destroy. He had the ability to create sea-storms, tsunamis and he controlled ebb and flow. He was the embodiment of destruction, so his main ability was to sink giant chunks of land into the sea, so Tortutok could fill them with fish and coral. After the fall of the Ancients Serpentus retreated to his self-forged race he calls the ‘Serpenti’, which are snake-like beings who live thousands of meters under the surface. Serpentus is said to reside near they’re main capital in a giant pillar of sand and rock. (Embodiment of Destruction)

????, ????: The third embodiment, the embodiment of creation (and we presume he was the one who created the waters and oceans where the other two live in) has never been known and we also can’t provide any information because he is almost unknown and however his task was a huge part of the creation of the seas, his main role was just small.

EMBODIMENTS OF THE LAND

Gaarlegaehk, King of the Clouds: Gaarlegaehk was a huge golem-like being who walked upon the soil of the earth with the only purpose to raise mountains, hills and others out of the ground. He is called the ‘King of the Clouds’ because he mostly made mountains that had the tip into the clouds. His life was plain boring, and when the Ancients fell, everyone presumed he had transformed himself into a lifeless mountain with his last powers. Planning never to return, and be one with the earth forever. (Embodiment of Creation)

Murlegil, the Withering Spirit: Murlegil is the one that works together with the embodiment Platelouris, Murlegil saw to it that the plant-life created by Platelouris could wither and make place for the new plants as they grew. The withering of plants also made the ground more fertile so the new plants could grow easier. Murlegil has no body, he is an energetic being that can not be seen heard or killed. He is alive nor dead, and most people believe he doesn’t even exist. (Embodiment of Destruction)

Platelouris, the Living Soul: Platelouris is the same idea as Murlegil, only his purpose it different. He has the power to grow plants and other new live. Unlike the ancients had he does not posses the power to create intelligent life. The creates plants and trees, which are then again withered by Murlegil and new plants are created by Platelouris and they feed on the new more fertile ground. Like Murlegil, Platelouris is dead nor alive and is the embodiment of life, however is in a great harmony with death and destruction. (Embodiment of life)

That were all the embodiments we know about so far. The only one we never knew was the one who actually created the water contained by the seas. You could also ask ‘But who are the embodiments of air’ after reading this, well after the Ancients destroyed themselves to create an atmospheric shield for Deimosh they also created air, oxygen and a whole ecosystem that would keep the planet running. So there are no embodiments for air. Most of Deimosh is truly made by the hands of an Ancient, the details were all worked out by the Embodiments. But that this is still considered a myth, because nobody has ever proved the existence of these creatures. The stories all come from books and manuscripts.

Last edited:
Level 27
Cool,beings such as these are fantasies of mine!

And one thing concerns me, ?????,that entity,more info about it?

From a library book somewhere in the endless bookshelves;

There is not more information because, read the quote. The 'endless bookshelves' as they're called is the biggest secret library created by the Ancients. It contains all knowledge about everything ever happend, strangely enough they didn't provide information about the third lord of the water.

Level 27
I just had to write this. It's the last part of Shards of Power before a new part starts.

Hope you guys like it. (Does anyone read this? XD)

Part V: A Disclosure

Two guards came rushing into the prison chamber, but Arcanos reduced them to dust with a simple spell. He made some gestures with his hands for a magical spell, and suddenly a energy stream came raging in front of him and he shot it right true the Arcadon prison. Devouring everything in its path the energy stream landed into sea and vanquished, leaving bubbles behind in the water. Arcanos slowly walked outside his prison and without warning, waved his hands around his body like a half-circle and a half-circled energy wave spread out in seconds cutting and destroying everything in its path. Rocks and dirt was raised into the air by the immense magical power, and there were Arcanos’ magic hit the earth were glowing white. He turned around facing his former cell and said ‘I would better get out of there if I were you’. The rogue demons rushed outside and by raising his hand up to the sky and waving it down ending with a fist, a giant lightning came down from the sky and stroke the giant cell. It trembled, and after that slowly crumbled apart. The demons were looking at Arcanos with fear, alertness and admiration. Then Arcanos turned around and asked the demons why they freed him. They said they were hoping on his aid against the Maghonian Order, Arcanos replied with a laugh. And then started to tell something that was kept secret for years.

‘’In the begin, I was alone on this earth with only a few Renmei. It was then that I already knew that the shield, the atmosphere, created by the Ancients to protect us, would vanquish in time. I knew I had to do something, so I already established a plan, I secrecy I had some people establish the famous prison Arcadon. Nobody knew that the prison was there, and that was also the purpose. I let the mage council, when it had developed enough, create a magical barrier prison which had the power to imprison a very powerful magician’s magic and so make him powerless. But they did not know I let them make magical machinery that empowered the prisoner and that I was planning to get imprisoned there. Why I just didn’t let the make it and said the truth? They would never let me!, my people didn’t trust me because back then I was lusting for more power and I believed that the Renmei were the only pure race, and I do still. First, I was planning to make the Arcarmor, after that I made a sort of ‘clone’ of myself. This clone had no magic power, so he was easily caught and locked up. I disguised myself and began a new life in a village, I called myself ‘Rur’ and I married a young priestess named ‘Me’. We had a child, which I adored, but I had a whole plan in mind for the future of this world, so I couldn’t enjoy him too much and helped demons into the village and let them kill everyone except Merur. Everyone thought I was dead then, and that was a good. I sneaked into Arcadon and replaced my body with that one of the ‘clone’. I also took over the energy he had already received from the energy reactors (which the guards thought that they would hold magic back). And there I was, planning the future of this already damned earth. How you say? You will hear that later, because after I ‘imprisoned’ myself I made a pact with the Maghonian order to make my son, Merur, into a great warrior. Ever greater then he could ever made himself.’’

Arcanos walked back to the ruins of his former ‘prison’ and lifted his hand and the pieces of the Arcarmor came flying in front of his feet.

‘’The first stone has been dropped’’

He said, and suddenly turned around making a magical gesture. A bright blue light behind the rogue demons shined and a disorientated Merur, an self-insured Agathi were being teleported. Merur was confused, and looked around him wondering what he was doing here, he was alerted by the presence of the rogue demons. Agathi slowly walked to Arcanos, and stood next to him.

‘’My son’’ Arcanos continued ‘’Merur, it is time you knew the truth’’.

Merur looked at Arcanos with big eyes, he couldn’t believe that Arcanos was his father but after Arcanos shape shifted into the former body of his father and told him things nobody else could’ve known Merur was convinced.

‘’Merur is my son, and also my disciple. I made a pact with the Maghonian Order to manipulate one of their brethren to hate them. It was the purpose that Merur and he would be united and combine they’re forces. And it sees like they did, Agathi here is one of my disciples. I commanded him to take the sword Lightbane that Gornakh also wanted to have, but it wasn’t a good outcome for me to let him have it. So I am glad everything worked out as planned, now there is only one thing left to do. The atmosphere will collapse in time. To keep it running I have gathered energy with the energy reactors during my imprisonment, I let the Maghonian Order command the Vruug to secretly build a giant reactor in the The Burning Vein a cavern deep down in the earth near the core. I channeled my energy into the giant reactor and with the help of an army of necromancer the energy was channeled into the atmosphere to keep it from collapsing. But now there only rests one last task, you must kill me my son. You must pierce your blade into my heart, but beware that Agathi will protect me because he is actually not a realm Renmei. But a warrior I created a long time ago to do my dirty jobs.’’

Merur looked astonished, dropped a tear from his eye. Let out a warcraft and rushed towards Arcanos. Agathi immediately got in front of Merur’s father like a human shield and the band of rogue demons stepped aside for Merur (They were confused and didn’t knew what to do next). ‘’Father!’’ yelled Merur and while Agathi pulled his sword, Frostbane, Merur pulled his trusted twin blades. It was like the battles of the Ancients only then on a smaller scale. After a long time of fighting Merur knew to unarm Agathi and when he was vulnerable he casted a giant bolt of flame into his belly with all the energy he had left. He bolt shot right true him spilling his entrails on the already burned ground. Agathi moaned, Frostbane began retain his holiness revealing a bright yellow light and Merur was forced on his knees by the lack of energy. Arcanos slowly walked to Merur, and said to him that it was time, and he waved with his hand and channeled a small amount of energy into him. Merur stood up, looked his father in the eye and trusted his blade into his heart. Arcanos moaned, Merur lost hold of his sword and fell to the ground, with the sword in his chest Arcanos rose up into the sky about ten meters above the ground. And then a great light coming from Arcanos devoured everything like an explosion.

Now, Merur and the rogue demons were still alive. But the island were Arcadon once stood, Arcanos himself and Agathi were vanquished. A great ring of land around the place of the great explosion of light was one of the two things that was left from the happening. But now, instead of an island were Arcadon stood, a giant golden reactor was placed that would empower the atmosphere forever. With Merur killing Arcanos, a prophecy of the Ancients was fulfilled. The once great prison of Arcadon had to make place for the reactor that would keep the world together. A reactor which in fact held the soul of Arcanos, and with that Arcanos could use his energy to empower the Ancients shield but also avoid death of taking advance of his soul.

A new world, was born. A new era, and Arcanos who pursued his goal to an immortal existence. Realized his dream…

Level 27
Yeah these are all things i have about it. I bet you didn't even know some of those things in there.

But ok.

Anyways, some area names will probably changes and i will also rewrite the history again, but then better, easier to read and much more of a summary.

The introduction will be made tommorow, and soon i will post the timeline and other things.

If something is not clear to you then please ask it to me so i can put it on the FAQ so other people can know it without asking.

And also upcoming will be a description how every race looks, but im not good at drawing... at least not so good that i can give you guys a ton of concept art. But maybe i will try sometime...

Level 27
Cool,but one note,do update religions!

Yes, but please let me finish the things i have to do first lol.

We have to do a huge block of homework because the fucking teacher didn't tell us what we had to have done. So now im kinda bussy, but i promise if next week i can get everything done on fryday and im out of bussiness the Saturday and Sunday i will get on to it.

Level 27
Okay,let's keep up to the good things now:

I see that you improved more sections,estimate a time when it's all going to be completed?

Oh i hope never =D

Seriously, i have no idea. Sometimes i forget to update it in the weekend, i mostly update it at sunday because then i have nothing to do. So... probably the only updates will be in the weekend or on wednesday (im very out of school then)

Level 27
Well. I should say lol, i've not been working on Shattered for a while, but that's just because the teachers still don't get it lol ;)

I hope i update it this weekend. But i've also been working on a game concept!

Call me stupid, but i think its fun working on concept like these. For your info its a MMORPG concept, would you like me to PM it you hermit? And tell me what you think about it ^^

Level 24
Religions need to be really detailed to become that badass, Hermit. IMO, you will need prayers, customs, gods, history etc. Religions can be a pain in the ass, ask me for I know as I am doing something similar, (though larger). However, the current progress is awesome.

Level 27
Religions need to be really detailed to become that badass, Hermit. IMO, you will need prayers, customs, gods, history etc. Religions can be a pain in the ass, ask me for I know as I am doing something similar, (though larger). However, the current progress is awesome.

Well in most of them there aren't really gods. Because they know how the world was created, unlike us. So the religions in Shattered work different than that from real-life, i also think it fits more with a fictional universe to have a different kind of religious system because otherwise it would be a bit ripped-off.

Level 24
''Bloodlight
A religion only taught to the Rashketau, half of the Rashketau believe in it and the other half doesn't. A follower of Bloodlight is simply called a ''Blighted'', these Rashketau believe that they not only require blood to live and become stronger but also need to collect it and sacrifice it to keep something they call ''The Cosmos'' happy. They believe that The Cosmos is the supreme ruler of all, and that it is even higher-ranked that the Lords of the Universe.''

It's badass!

Status
Not open for further replies.