• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Mag'har Orc, Shaman

Here is a new skin from the Mag'har collection: Mag'har Orc, Shaman! It's made with PhotoImpact and I've also used Bamboo One! <3
There are no CnP-s, but there are some parts that are recolored.
I would like to hear some comments and critics, how to improve my skin! ^^

The Mag'har are a faction of orcs that had escaped the corruption of the Horde. Mag'har Orcs live in Outland, they have their town in Nagrand, but also live in Hellfire Peninsula.

You may edit this skin, but only with my permission! Do not distribute or upload this skin to any other site! Give credits if you're using it in your map/campaign! ^^

Keywords:
Orc, Shaman, Mage, Oracle, Druid, Storm, Thunder, Green, Red, Maghar, Mag'har, Outland, Nagrand, Hellfire, Peninsula, Barbarian, Garadar
Contents

Mag'har Orc, Shaman (Texture)

Reviews
22:30, 21st Jan 2009 Dan van Ohllus: A little bit too much detail on the fur, which might get lost ingame. But I'll approve it anyway due to the skin being in good quality.

M

22:30, 21st Jan 2009
Dan van Ohllus:
A little bit too much detail on the fur, which might get lost ingame. But I'll approve it anyway due to the skin being in good quality.

Level 9
Level 2
Just wish evry1 put in as much as this eh?
>_<
It is pretty easy to just change the colors :p... but this is goodly-defenition-
nice

Level 3
I like the skin. I have a question though. Forgive me if I'm not up to date on my warcraft lore... Why are they brown instead of green, or is the green coloration of the orc from the burning legion. I know they turn red from drinking demon's blood and whatnot. But yeah, why aren't they green?

Level 34
Ok so... the Mag'hars, they are the true Orc! All Orc races came from them, they are the first Orc race. But green orcs are actually corrupted orcs, but not as courupted as Fel Orcs. That's why they're green, corruption. But Fel Orcs (red), they are totally corrupted by demons and Burning Legion! Evil and everybody hates them!

Mag'har - no corruption at all
Horde Orcs - slightly corrupted
Fel Orcs - 100% corrupted

Level 19
one quick thing on the lore.

Orcs are originally brown, and when Ner'zhul became leader he started "warlocks" after meeting Kil'jaeden in a dream. Because they adopted warlock magic, nature would no longer provide the shamans with power, so all shamans became warlocks or stopped using magic. They became green from the use of warlock magic overtime.

Level 8
And it is good to remember that son of green orc will be green, not brown (Thrall was born as a green orc). In your skins there is easy to notice ,,cultural" differences beetwen orc and Mag'har ;) Really good idea for project

When shall we suppose another skin? I can't wait for Mag'har heroe

Level 6
These Mok'Nathal skins are nice but they would be NICER if:

A) Less-black, 'coz black looks demonic. The Beastmaster model has black, yes, but it does'nt look demonic-black; the shaman skin, in contrast, looks demonic, really.

B) Less 'steely-shiny'. Mok'nathal are supposed to be rather crude - though they do bear steel items - so maybe make the steel on them less refined and less dominant - maybe swap some for cloth and stone.

But I really like the skin you made for the grunt.

follow the quote to source to c including reference pictures of mok'nathal in WoW

Level 3
You guys keep talking about how the black makes it look evil. But when you think about it, how well it would it go with other colors? White's not gonna look any good on it I wouldn't think, brown would just blend in too well, same with a tawny color...

If you're gonna tell him to change the color, do you even have a suggestion as to what it could be?