• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shade Duoed, Youtube Link inside!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
As the title says Me and Egotenks duoed Shade last night with a Crusader/Druid. We used absolutely no mercenaries or rejuv potions. Check it out for yourself :] I think some credit must go Egos way for consistently switching gears mid fight to give us more damage or armor depending on how the fight was going.

EDIT: Dat lvl 10 rage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIvt-ejdUJ0

Last edited:
Level 13
You ass ):

lolol full wisdom, awful dudu. Terrible choice of Rammstein song also, there are much better.

I ONLY COMPLAIN OUT OF IMMENSE JEALOUSY, I am indeed impressed.

Level 13
I'm curious Zwieb, what are the exact bonuses per rage, and what is the total for level 10 rage?

Level 10
Rofl, how you managed to heal that level 10 shadow rage... so sick!

It wasn't easy :] You'll notice I respecced almost full int/wisdom and had over 400+ mana. I used a mana potion and at the end of the fight I had just oom'd I was down to 5 mana. Had we not killed her there we would have failed. I easily went over 800+ worth of mana on heals ^_^

Level 5
Nice job, can't watch the vid yet but we only got to rag lvl 5 and I was 750 hp 41 armor crus tanking it feeling like i might poo myself any time. Noobest game I played. Kudos I guess :)

Level 9
wow, great fight, loved both songs, you guys did make shade your bitch, but ofc, you got 2 veteran players, both playing classes their good at, massive tank, and massive heals, still dont think rememdy shoulda got nerfed, but OMG amazing fight.

Level 5
If I'm not mistaken, d3 has been duoed several times. I think I saw a couple of replays of crusader/bishop around there.

Level 9
Well, box and I legitimatly duo'd waves crus/sorc, healer merc though, duo'd lady with bish and sorc, duo'd andy bish and zerker, and duo'd fl with bish and zerker, so it seems possible to duo d3.

Level 6
How was it looking easy my hp dropped very low several times and i was swaping gears in fight and i had to time crucify with my doopel stuns so he doesnt interrupts it and still failed sometimes wasnt really easy and soul had no mana when shade died

Level 13
full int, no gear swapping, easy fight
also the doppels ai is fucking retarded so just crucify AFTER it stuns

Level 6
according to the vid, battle lasted for 7mins and 13s (72 total dps on shade), couldve cut the time by around 1/3 using efreet. Good work though. Shadow Rage is insane

Level 6
110 dps, on both shade and your doppel. Efreet wouldve ran out of mana, but wolf did 0 dmg on shade. efreet, can at least do some 5000 dmg to shade.

Level 6
i think u miss the thing tat who would hold off ranger clone after efreet runs out of mana Soul had no hp for it

Level 6
oh, that one. No worries, efreet would not disappear if he ran out of mana. So ranger will continue to net and attack efreet

Level 10
The wolf was a much more reliable pet to choose in this situation considering we were duoing it with a Crusader/Druid. Neither of these classes do a whole lot of dps and if I used a nymph to heal I would have to tank my doppel and that would just complicate things. I had no HP if you noticed since I went full wisdom/int to make me heal better and longer. If I used Efreet to tank/dps shade sure it might have initially been better but once the efreet runs oom he will stop attacking and be 100% useless and in a long 7+min fight if he stops attacking near the end my heals will eventually pull aggro on the ranger and would ultimately die due to low health. I considered all the options but I found the wolf to be the most reliable and safest choice. I didn't need any extra heals anyways from some nymph crutch :] I'm too pro for that

I gotta say its nice to see that 7 minute fights actually force a druid to go full wis ... this convinces me that my changes regarding mana management over the last updates were right.

As the boss battles in D4 will be a lot longer (5+ minutes), I can expect the mana management balancing to work pretty fine and all the mana refreshing/regenerating skills to be actually useful. :)

Level 6
Healing crus shouldnt gain threat on ranger doppel, but healing efreet would gain threat.
Efreet needs to use a 5or6 firebolts on ranger at first instead of the just 2 firebolts normally.

Nymph is actually better than the wolf, and you can always resummon it without having to worry on messing up. Nymph and wolf do 0 dmg on shade but at least Nymph helps heals and there is no need to bother healing your pet. Since this is a duo, the Ranger will attack Druid at start of battle. Everytime Nymph is resummoned, Ranger will attack Druid also. This is the easy part. Since Nymph heals druid, you wont need to pay attention to your hero. Plus, healing yourself will increase threat on Ranger, so just let Nymph do it. Eventually, Nymph will gain threat on Ranger and ends up tanking the doppel.

Status
Not open for further replies.