• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Youtube Boss Playthrough on HARDCORE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
By Killa

Before anyone asks, yes I have left and I'm still gone, but I did say I'd come back on weekends. I'm just not actively working on TCO like I used to before. That doesn't mean I still can't post my new video playthrough ;) since it's something I do as a side project when I'm bored.

Anyhow on to the actual topic I posted this thread for. I have started my hardcore playthrough of TCO! I chose this version because well....yeah I just chose it because that's when I decided to do it. In case you're wondering, it's version 1.8e. I figured I'd throw it on the forums like I did with extreme playthrough because people seemed interested in seeing some of the videos. So, I only finished chapter 1 right now but I'll put the videos up and tell me what ya think. This playthrough will also be using a giveup to show you how amazingly strong I can get, that should be fun. Oh, definitely watch it in 720p and fullscreen, I finally got all my videos to be HD so take full advantage of the nicer quality.

Now, to tell you what I want to accomplish in this playthrough. I'm planning to absolutely crush and destroy the bosses on hardcore. I may not be able to do it in chapter 1 because that's a hard chapter to absolutely crush the bosses since I don't have most of my essential items yet, but I'll definitely accomplish that in later chapters. Oh, and obviously to 100% complete Hardcore, I see that as taking down every elite and epic boss. Yeah, and I also don't use potions, they aren't necessary, they're nice, but not essential.

A note on the videos though, I only show boss battles this playthrough. I figured it was the only interesting stuff in my videos and since I already did a whole playthrough of the game, it'd just be the same thing. At least with this it's 2 whole new versions, new items, and different difficulty and tactics. Especially since the bosses are now updated to be harder and different. Oh yeah and this is an important note, too. I borrowed one of the save files Aero had because mine was lost and I instead got one that's basically exactly like mine. Only thing is, my name will now say Apocalypse instead of Killa.

Not only that but I'll be doing a lot of explaining of how I got certain items or how I did certain tactics and how I got to where I was. For those who are not interested, I always include a time stamp in the beginning of the video in an annotation of where the boss battle begins.

I'm not sure how the progression of these videos will work because again, I don't have too much time to do stuff like this, so it's really only stuff I do on the side. Still, it's something I wanted to do, so here they are.

Chapter 1

Video 1: Introduction
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpQICr2WqLY

We're just doing a quick selection of the spells I'll be using, build, and what these videos will entail.

Video 2: Items, CKs, and Chapter Boss, Oh My! (Chapter Boss)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtLt6FQzJmc

This video contains a lot of explaining of my tactics, where I got all my items in the chapter, how you can get them, and what I'll be doing with them. I do this because people often asked me in my other videos how I got certain items. The other thing I describe is my preference on what I like to use for CKs. I did go crazy on them because I had so much to spend. I do tell you what I recommend though. Oh and the actual boss fight is trivial, as the first boss always is.

Video 3: Finally, a challenge (Elite)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfL-R0FoRro

This video is a little more interesting since it's less explaining, more boss battle. I explain how I got my items together and from there I move onward to the elite boss and show how amazing I am at failing to quickswap items. You can see me clearly fail in the video which leads to complications if you watch it. Also, I run around aimlessly haha, it's because I'm waiting for my skills to not be on CD or to gain more mana. In the early levels, it's a problem so I had no choice especially since I don't use potions. Luckily later on this never becomes a problem, you always will have mana regardless of potions.

Video 4: A challenge of EPIC proportions! (Epic)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcFnGfvcfMs

In this one I completely forget that I had silver set all along and I could have used it for the battle! It doesn't matter too much for me though because even though items really help, I more depend on my skills rather than items so honestly, it didn't make a huge difference for me. When you play though definitely use it, it helps certainly.

Video 5: Bonus!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mysDgOrADOE

This is actually not an awesome bonus video since it only shows one quick thing. I was planning to make the bonus episode bigger and cooler, but honestly, chapter 1 didn't offer me too much bonus content. I'll try and make it better in the later chapters, otherwise, this will just show me easily destroying Ormester without even being hit (true I did use Chaotic Rift, but I dodged his easy two spells and smoked him in less than 10 seconds). The only reason why I actually included it was because I was laughing at the fact Aero said it'd be "tough and challenging" which I know was meant for new players but I needed to put something in for the bonus video, and this was it.

Status
Not open for further replies.