• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SFilip - Can you explain this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
SFilip - Can you help with this? Wont take long

Hi there man just saw that you were an official who had posted recently and i thought i'd ask for a hand. Trying to give RTC a shot for a (*suprise*) RPG. Making it more for the journey then the end as its something i realistically wont finish but thats fine by me, its all a learning process.

Anyway enough of that, so i dual installed warcraft 1.21b for the purposes of using RTC. Correct registry edits for 1.21b version etc. Using Vista system (o noes). Here's what happens
- When i open the NEWGEN pack that comes with the RTC files it opens the default version of world edit (no extra tabs or anything)
- The Launcher works but the demo map quits to the main screen of warcraft

More info:
- When i make a new map with Jass Newgen Pack 5b, use the RTC installer, then try to save it comes up with this VJASS compile error only:
Syntax Error (Line 1580) <--- of which i cannot scroll down past line 98 to see or change of course. So im assuming that the common.j file i've imported goes after my unique 98 lines in the custom script.

So i opened up the customized common.j file, and searched for line 1580 minus the 98 extra lines in my map = line 1482 and all it was was the normal native:
native AddUnitAnimationProperties takes unit whichUnit, string animProperties, boolean add returns nothing

So basically mine doesnt work through warcraft.

Is this due to one of these problems?:
- RTC works for patch 1.21a not 1.21b
- RTC doesnt work for newest newgen pack 6b

what are ur thoughts?

MindWorX

Tool Moderator
Level 20
The problem is Vista, our memory injection method doesn't work correctly in Vista, and we haven't had any way to try and develop one yet, since i don't know how to do memory injection, and SFilip doens't have access to a Vista machine.

Also, instead of subtracting the script lines, just look at the line it says in common.j.

Level 3
hey thanks for replying, didn't mean to exclude you from the topic, i know you're the main man for the RTC project but just wasnt sure if you were checking forums.

Hah this is the final straw im changing back to XP!! Now to download the drivers =(

Level 3
You can get it to work on vista. I've done it :)

I have no idea what's wrong but..
"- When i open the NEWGEN pack that comes with the RTC files it opens the default version of world edit (no extra tabs or anything)
- The Launcher works but the demo map quits to the main screen of warcraft"

gets me to think that it's an injection problem. Have no idea about the exact problem but I think it's to do with UAC or not having admin access.

Status
Not open for further replies.