• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Scorpion Animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Im currently modelling a M808 Main battle tank-AKA- the Scorpion Tank, from halo.
(Here it is :) )

Only problem is with the animations, im using Gmax and over awhile ive managed to resolve my problems, but I cant get emitters to play at the right animation.
Im using war3 Model Editor to edit the model, and look to see if its working-at its mdl state, after ive exported it.(if u can call printing to listener exporting... :p )(and converting to mdx)
Ive been messing around and have found under windows on the war3 editor toolbar a node manager, after looking at an M1A2 model to see how to use it, ive created 2 emitters for dust as the Scorpion moves. However, they played in every animation.

After carefully scanning the mdl format of the tank with notepad, I couldn't find anything that tells the file what animations the emitter should play.
And then I edited the model so that a bone for each animation will come out of the ground, so the emitters for each animation will appear at the right time, however, this has completely failed, and at the moment I see no way to get emitters to play on walk animation or death animation specificly.

Any help/and/or/Ideas?

Level 2
I heard lots of talk about magos and never realized it was War3 Model Editor until I looked deeper at it... heh... Anyhow, let me correct that: "Magos" model editor. Im trying to get emitters to play on certain animations-and make the emitters with magos.

sry on double post-guess I didn't really feel like editing all this in... :p

EDIT: After a bit of poking around realizing I was using a popular modelling program, I found a tutorial... I believe Ive got it figured out. :p. http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35101 Yup, Confirmed, IVE GOT IT TO WORK :D. Now I can actually have explosions and stuff in my animations... Im Free!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.