• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Scoreboard System

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: mnib

Scoreboard System

Created by X-OMG-X

How to Import:

Go to 'File' and then 'Preferences' and turn on the field 'Automatically create unknown variables while pasting data'.
Open the trigger editor and copy (Ctrl+C) the 'Scoreboard System' folder.
Close the map and open your own map.
Open the trigger editor and paste (Ctrl+V) the system into your map.
You're done!

Features:

- Shows the player name
- Shows the amount of hp the player has left in percentages
- Shows the amount of mp the player has left in percentages
- Shows the current level of the player
- Shows when a hero is dead
- Shows when a player leaves
- Shows the amount of kills the player has
- Floating text overhead the killing unit
- Shows a detailed message when a unit dies
- Colourful Layout
- Easy configureable triggers

Authors Note:

Simple but useful. This is a system requested by mnib.
He requested a multiboard system that showes playername, hitpoints, level and shows if the unit is dead.
The hitpoints should also have to be red when the life is low and there should be a villager icon on each player.
If you dont want the villager icon you can easily change the variable 'ShownIcon' to the wanted icon and it will change automatically.
It does work for 12 players and is fully MPI. Each player is only supposed to have one hero, so multiple heroes can mess the system up.
Critism is fine but please make it constructive. If you have any ideas about how to improve, say me and i will see what i can do.
Enjoy, give credits if you use it in your map and have fun testing!

Keywords:
score, board, scoreboard, multi, multiboard, player, exp, level, hero, unit, leaderboard, hp, mp, mana, hitpoints, life, x-omg-x, system, floating, te
Contents

Scoreboard System (Map)

Reviews
15:56, 16th Jun 2010 Hanky: I found a little bug in your system. If you kill in your example the flame phoenix with the hero the multiboard will show that the hero is dead even if he's not. Fix that and I'll approve your system.

M

15:56, 16th Jun 2010
Hanky:
I found a little bug in your system. If you kill in your example the flame phoenix with the hero the multiboard will show that the hero is dead even if he's not. Fix that and I'll approve your system.

Level 8
Have to say it's really nice OMG :D.

Couple of things I would like to see changed though :) :

-As Amigurumi mentioned, it would be better if it's an integer.

-It seems to bug up at times, for example I used the Flame Strike at one point and nothing changed in my MP points.

-Perhaps could you give more space for the player name? The next column seems to be stuck to the player's name. Would it be possible to grey out the unused player spaces? Or perhaps even erase them? And if a player leaves, perhaps move everyone up one space or something? If you can't do that, greying out the icon would work well.

-Last but not least, I noticed my hero was going up in health (regeneration) but the Multiboard wasn't going up, could you fix this?

And I think that's pretty much it. I have to say it's a really nice system and it's great for the people who are looking for them. Anyways, I can't give you 5/5 just yet ;), but I'll give you a 4/5, and I'll change my score if you fix all of the things I've mentioned :D.

Level 1
D: This gives a whole new meaning of OMG :D Awesome, 5/5, i'm surely gunna use this is my map ;)

Level 12
If all this get fixed it'll be really good ... If you are gonna use the icons in the left side you need to write all the "icons paths" in a string variable array.. But then it also needs a selection system or what ??

Level 8
Add sorting to the scoreboard :p

Edit:
Allow you to choose how you want your players to be sorted with a integer veriable:
>If its 0, the players are in normal order Player 1-Player 2
>If its 1, the players are sorted by their names (might be nice for RPGs)
>Ifs its 2, the players are sorted according to their kills (more likely to be used in AoSes)
...etc

Also the scoreboard should only have the amount of rows equal to the players at the beginning of the game :p.

Level 10
2 Things:
1. You show it in a Bad percantage... you use real but you should convert that real into an integer.
2. The Text that comes up that says: "(name) has a total of # Kills" is seriuslly not needed... And Why not use the Real HP and NOT Percantage... it would be so mutch better

Level 5
Hey. I was just testing it. It was quite nice. But i got some few problems.
It only shows the hp/mana and those things when your in combat for me.
Also if you summon a unit. And it dies by the Timed Life. I get a kill point.
otherwise it was very very cool!

Level 5
well lets see.. i downloaded this system cuz i was lazy and didnt want to make a self one but when i saw this i said LOL a piece of shit that is full with bugs... then i just fixed the system for my map and works perfect and it updates itself each time of seconds its pretty nice. If you want i could fix your system and give to the importers the chance to choose percent of HP or real HP. Anyway thx that you spared a lot of my time :p