• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Scaling messes up animations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vhx

vhx

Level 3
I am trying to take a current model and use the Magos model editor area to scale. However after doing so, the animations get badly screwed up. Is there any quick way to fix the animation or what is the process would be to fix it? I am unsure which direction to follow. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

EDIT: Basically the model is a huge size and I am trying to scale it down to reduce filesize, would this work? It also has tons of animations, ones I can get rid of. This doesn't seem to impact the filesize at all. I have also tried importing it to 3D Studio Max to scale it down that way, which really reduces the file size A LOT. However the problem is, once I export from 3dstudio max, all the animations are gone. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:
Scaleing a model down dosnt reduce its filesize...
As for the animations, I doubt your skilled enough to fix.

but if you would like to try go under node manager and edit node.

Translation= movements forward ect (linear makes them move over time and none makes them jerk)

Rotation= Spinning
Scaling=Size

Dont change the first numbers because those are the times at which the animations occor.

vhx

vhx

Level 3
Ah I see. Yeah I saw that and there were 98 nodes, that will take a while.

What part of the MDX file increases its filesize the most? The actual polygon/vertices I assume?

vhx

vhx

Level 3
600KB or so, so yeah big. Oh well, I am guessing because it has lots and lots of polygons, I might bring it down if I get bored enough.

vhx

vhx

Level 3
Aye, you are right Nat, it seems the majority of the filesize comes from the bones from looking further. (98 bones!)

I would assume if I were to reset the bone count on this model I would have to redo all of the animations (unfortunately don't know how to do). Anyways, thanks, helped me understand a little better.

Status
Not open for further replies.