• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

scale animation keys messed up when being converted from max to mdl

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDR

TDR

Level 18
nope, there's not. You can't turn a max file into mdx, it contains information specifically for 3ds max to use.
If milkshape supports fbx importing (though I really doubt it does), you could export your model as fbx (because it keeps all rigging, skinning and animation data) and export it to mdx through milkshape.

Level 10
Thanks TDR.
I already have a lot of modeling tools here just to be able to do animation scaling.
I can't find any.
When I converted my '.max' file to '.3ds' it got unanimated.
I got 3dsmax 5 now, but I want to know now (quite late) if it is completely possible and simple to add scale animation keys. Do anyone knows? Because the art tools said something wrong about them when I tried.
And the tutorial doesn't say anything about scale keys.
Thanks in advance.

TDR

TDR

Level 18
Max 5, that's great! It'll be the only tool you'll have to use from now on.
Of course the 3ds is unanimated, that format only holds the mesh and uv information. FBX can store animations and stuff.
As far as I can remember scale keys are possible, just make sure you set all controllers for position, rotation and scale to TCB or linear.

Status
Not open for further replies.