• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Certain scale of an animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I am having a problem at the moment. I used a model, of which I removed its Stand animation and renamed its portrait animation to Stand, because this was the animation that I wanted for Stand.

However, I stumbled upon the scale and the camera. As a portrait, it uses a different scale; when I move the model or call another animation, it uses the actual size of the model, but when it stands idle, it gets shrunk. Any idea how to locate the scale and/or camera of this specific animation? I tried Sequence Manager and Node Manager, but I haven't found anything related to it. Additionally, I checked the Camera, there is one, but should I remove it? The model still has a Portrait - Talk animation.

Thanks in advance.

Scaling the model on specific anim
1.Usually a model will have 1 main bone, particularly Bone_Root. However in some cases, the model might have two bone_root, which one of them might be attached to the weapon and another one is the body (Rifleman).
attachment.php

2. Right-click it, and click "Edit node"
attachment.php

3. Click scaling, and you will see a big window (might have weird numbers)
attachment.php

From what you stated, it seems the sizing problem can be solved this way.

Changing portrait view:
1. Go to Camera Manager,
attachment.php

Hope I answered your question.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 230
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 236
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 290
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 282
It is possible to do the same thing on MDLVis, but Im not sure about the camera. Never figured it out.

Alright, dont expect me to explain all the MDLVis controls, you have to figure out on your own. The interface itself is a lil messier than Magos.

Open your model, and then
attachment.php

On the right console, find the anim you wanted
attachment.php

Click movement at the upper toolbar
attachment.php

Find the right bone
attachment.php

Click the scaling button, leave the workplane as it is
attachment.php

Make sure the red line (on the frames) is at the very first frame
attachment.php

Now you can start changing the scaling. At the model preview, hold left-click and drag to the left side to shrink it, right side to enlarge it.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 268
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 184
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 235
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 190
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 239
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 231
The scaling thing in mdlvis will go not as you expected because unless you copy the first scale that you have created and paste it at the very end of the animation span, the model will go small, big, small, big and so on; it will go as if the model is pumping like a balloon. This is because of the key frames and the flow of the animation. I don't know if this happens everytime but based on my experience, this occurs on some of my models that requires shrinking and growing the model.

If this happens then you will have to delete all keyframes and create a new animation span similar to the original animation so that the model will not shrink; and this means pain (LOL).

BTW if the portrait and portrait talk animations are in the model itself, please do not delete the camera. You can also rename the portrait animation to "stand portrait" and the portrait talk animation to "stand portrait talk".

The scaling thing in mdlvis will go not as you expected because unless you copy the first scale that you have created and paste it at the very end of the animation span, the model will go small, big, small, big and so on; it will go as if the model is pumping like a balloon. This is because of the key frames and the flow of the animation. I don't know if this happens everytime but based on my experience, this occurs on some of my models that requires shrinking and growing the model.

If this happens then you will have to delete all keyframes and create a new animation span similar to the original animation so that the model will not shrink; and this means pain (LOL).

Actually, this is exactly what happened. The model kept pumping in-game and I realized that it had to with frames. However, either MDLVis lacks certain functions or I am blind enough not to see fields that you can add scaling values (and not rely on mouse drags for exact scaling).

Edit: UgoUgo has helped me through this. Special thanks to you and appreciation of eubz for baring with me. :)

Closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.