• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WC3 crashing when using custom model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm trying to use an edited model, but for some reason, the game crashes.

What I did:
Used WC3 Model Editor
Removed 5 Geosets from MalFurion model (only Stag and its Hero Glow remains)
Made a new animation sequence copied off Walk called Stand Alternate. This doesn't work in WE.

Then, I took the whole model and copied it, and:
Imported Geoset from MalFurion_Portrait (the background)
Attached it to a new node
Renamed sequences to Portrait Stand, Talk etc. according to what I thought best
Made a camera called Camera01
Deleted remaining sequences

The part with the background was done according to a Hero Glow import tutorial that game with the program.

I also made the Stand Alternate for the original model (mounted stag).

When opening WE, the Stand Alternate shows as an unanimated model, but with stationary particle emitters (dust and spell).
Upon loading the map, test or normal play, it crashes.

Halp :)
If needed, I will provide the model.
Also, is it possible to combine the models (mounted stag and stag both with Stand Alternate (fixed))?
Should I use something else such as Spell Slam instead? :p

Level 2
Hmm... I'm afraid I'm not experienced enough to fix this (thanks for answering after several months btw!)
It'll have to wait untill I start my 3D animator education, unless someone can post a more understandable version, and by that, I mean... Well do all the work of make it really idiot proof. Locate the very problem :p

For now, I've posted a Request in the Request Section for someone to do this over from scratch.

Level 26
.... well im sorry that you think it took so long but i answered it as soon as i saw this post. and im especially sorry that you cannot "understand it".

However let me try to elaborate

For the model in question...

Download and open War3modeleditor from the TOOLS section of the hive. file>open select model in question. go to windows>geoset animations manager and double click on the geoset animations listed. In the pull down box under the words "GEOSET ID" if there is "none" in the box then THIS IS YOUR PROBLEM. simply either set it to a geoset or delete the geoest animation by (in the geoset animations manager) right clickng on the geoset animation in question and selecting delete.

If this is not the problem please post saying so. ill try to help any way i can.

if you like you can send me the model and i will look at it.

Level 2
Hmm... I made the same thread on WC3C with both models (portrait) attached.
My request was done, however my own one was pretty much better except that it didn't work... Yay for my first try...

About the portait, I hope it doesn't bug either cause that would be extremely annoying...

Status
Not open for further replies.