• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Random Animation Malfunctions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
I am working on a unit model at the moment and I have tried to use two kinds of animation tags for my model.

I use no animation tag (tag1) for attacking with a 1h weapon and "Lumber" (tag2) for attacking with 2 handed weapons. It's really weird because first Walk, Stand, Attack worked perfectly without a tag and in "Lumber" walk and attack worked but stand were unanimated for some reason.

I had the animations: Stand, Walk, Attack and Stand Lumber, Walk Lumber and Attack Lumber

I had the stand lumber and walk lumber on the same sequence as the non-tagged versions of the animations. I tried to make copies os the non-tagged animations and add Lumber after their name so that they wouldn't share sequences but then the normal Stand animation, Attack animation, Stand Lumber and Attack Lumber appeared unanimated in the game. It feels like it's just randomly malfunctioning for no reason and it's driving me insane

Level 49
Huh, dude. The frames for your Lumber animations are the same as the frames for your normal animations? :S If so, that's the reason.
E.g, is Stand like... 0-1000, and Stand Lumber also 0-1000? That's the reason it's not working. You can't have anims with the same frame rates. :S Also, what are you using to duplicate the animations?

Status
Not open for further replies.