• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Change animations ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi, i am new to this but i just got started in creating a mod, that is supposed to be about illidan and maiev hunting him. As i want to give each character something spezial cool and new i was thinking about givin illidan the ability to fly while in demonform.
I saw that his demonsform has many animations that look like his flying. So what i want to do is to change his spell alternate animation to his only stand alternate animation and make stand ready alternate his only walk alternate animation. Is this possible ? If yes how ?
And is it possible to seperate his demonform model from the whole model so that i only have him as demon as a model ?
Which programs what to do ? Would be really nice if somebody could help me...

Level 17
Look for the mdl\mdx converter in the tool section. Convert the model to mdl and open it in notepad. Near the start you'll see a list of the animations. Just rename "stand ready alternate" to "walk alternate" etc. Then, to get rid of the old animations, rename them to "qwerty" or something that the engine will not recognize.
Save, convert back to mdx and import it in the map.

Kinglolo said:
And is it possible to seperate his demonform model from the whole model so that i only have him as demon as a model ?

It is possible, but it's a long and complex thing to do. If the filesize of your map is not a problem, don't bother about it.

Level 2
Alright thanks, mhh but i couldnÄt find the tool you were talking about can you say me the exact name ? And where do i find the model file of illidan ?

Level 2
Okay thank you but i do have one more question ? Can i only give one animation to one actgion ? Because i want him to use his stand ready alternate animation while he is standing normally and while he is standing ready, means i need the animation for two action. Is this possible if yes how, because i didnt find out...

Level 2
I dont know if you got me right. Problem is that if i do like you said, means rename the stand ready animation into walk, the and delete the old animationwalk animation by renaming it, i got no animation for stand ready left. So i want him to use the stand ready animation for walking and standing ready. i tried to copy the animation but it didnÄt work...

Status
Not open for further replies.