• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help With Meta Knight? (Bones)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
I have run into some problems while making my Meta Knight model.

MetaKnightWorkInProgress.PNG

Thats a pic of an older version. He has feet now. But I'm having problems with 2 things. First I have no idea how to make a custom skeleton and its been really difficult trying to make his animations work properly with Evil Illidan's Skeleton & Animations.

Now that I think of it maybe the VillagerKid Skeleton would work for me but my biggest thing there is that I want his wings to actually move like wings not just stand still behind him moving with the body (Thats why I tried doing him on Evil Illidan.)

My other thing I'm having difficulty with is that I want to make him have a Morph ability where instead of walking on the ground with his cape he has his cape morphed into wings. Thus making him have a flying like animation set for the alternate. (For that I figure I could transfer harpie animations for it. But I'm not sure how to make them use the alternate bones (such as the one that Illidan has.) I know how to work it so certain things are visible only during certain animations so making that part of a morphed form isn't a problem.

In summary I guess you could say: 1. What should I do to solve my bone problems? And 2. What should I do to get him to be able to have animations referencing the alternate bones for an alternate form.(Again a bone issue well mostly.)

If anyone can help at all I would really appreciate it.

Level 26
Um. You can rig with Oinkerwinkle's and Magos, but it's a horrifically tedious process. Firstly, you have to assign each limb/wing/head whatever to a vertex group. Assign each vertex group to a matrix. Create your bones in Magos, using Vertex Modify as a guide to see where each bone should be located.

Sounds simple enough? I hope so.

Anyhow, rigging in Oinkerwinkles is boring as heck, and you're probably better off getting Milkshape or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.