• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model Portrait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I am wandering how to make a unit portrait.

Here is what I've done:

Opened model in Magos Model Editor, set desired view, opened camera manager, clicked "Create New From Current View" and pressed okay. When I Zoomed Out and clicked "View Camera" it was great.

Now, I opened Mldvis. I created new animation, named it "Portrait", added 1166 frames(Same number of frames as the copied animation has), copied frames from Stand animation, and animation was okay.

I imported the model, but it has no portrait. What to do?

Level 4
Have you made sure to "Calculate Extents" in the "Edit" tab in Magos? That should fix the problem if you do that.

Seems that has been the problem. But what does "Calculate Extents" has to do with a portrait? I have been using it only for selecting model in game, didn't know that it has more to it.

Level 4
I actually had a similar problem. Related to portraits at least.
I was trying to make a portrait for a paladin model, since it had no talking animation.

I tried using animation transfer from the default paladin model to get the talk animations but the unit would not budge.

Try to "Calculate Extents" as BossGengar suggested, it worked in my case. :)

Level 14
Seems that has been the problem. But what does "Calculate Extents" has to do with a portrait? I have been using it only for selecting model in game, didn't know that it has more to it.
Yeah, I don't really know exactly what it does, but my best guess is that it needs to know the extents of how big the model is? I'm not sure even myself. Glad it fixed it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.