• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SC2 Models Available Right Now Maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
You already know that models use DDS textures, that's so cool of Blizzard! We dont need any BMP TGA to BLP converters! Gimp also has a DDS plug in. Now they created a tool for M3 and made the models accessible!

http://starcraft.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3374

NOTICE: What you see here is an experiment I made for how we could have a SC2 model in Milkshape 3D (that will be still used for creating SC2 models) even some war3 tools to team color it. I am NOT publishing war3 maps with SC2 models, nor giving links to models, nor uploading any models, textures or MPQ files! As some of you know me, I'm interested in recreating my space maps in SC2 and all is directed to SC2, not war3. If I decide to use this model in war3, it is just for me, no uploading.

Personally, I dont even edit Blizzard models, because what SC2 offers is far enough. Besides this experiment, I find importers useless to me, as I prefer creating models and converting them to M3, not edit the already perfect SC2 models. That's why if someone is interested in making a Milkshape 3D exporter for M3, I will rep him more than once and I dont know.. big thank you.

Last edited:
Level 22
There is no such thing, there aren't any links or discussion about war3. It's about SC2 and the possibility to use models in 3Ds max or Milkshape. Though there is no difference between now and later when everyone who makes SC2 maps will actually start even doing war3 maps, no wonder. Galaxy Editor shouldn't be thought of as some official document saying 'Galaxy Editor is out, now you can import and use SC2 models'.

Personally I want to see an EXPORTER for milkshape, that is not use SC2 models somewhere else but use your own models in SC2 even right now.

Level 17
Yeah, there is nothing wrong with the viewer.
Or would it be 10 times better only becouse you have to go to a nav bar, then click a dropdown menu then choose that you want to export the model?
I simple one click is much better when there isnt many options.
And you should not expect like the most advanced wc3 viewer ever, becouse it took YEARS for someone to create the ones we use now, its not like they made them in the warcraft 3 beta.
I did not even expect to see a model viewer at all...

Edit:
Woah.. your message (the one above) didnt appear when i started writing this post, so ignore the post above or this post will be kinda weird.. :p

Level 22
Can anyone tell me, why are M3 models microscopic? So I imported a footman to compare their sizes and it turnt out a Battlecrusier that is 100 times more detailed than a footman, is probably the size of a finger of a footman, yes, smaller even that his foot! I added a joint and the joint (sphere) was bigger than the BC. Why would Blizzard do that? Not to say, with incredibly small models, how is one supposed to add particles?

Level 1
No, wc3 models are just really big, even compared to WoW models(I once imported the footman to WoW and it was bigger than Stormwind!)

Level 19
If you open the model with Magos editor as MDX or import it from ms3d, you cannot zoom in because the model is too small, thus u can barely see it. That's why we need a new Magos editor - for SC2 and only SC2.

scale it up by 50-100
this way it will look nice
(however I am too stupid to import the texture (made it to bmp and so on but....probably just me though)

Level 17
Hmm.. if i am not wrong, it is the wc3 models that is normal size, but sc2 and wow have really small models (kinda easy to figure out since the sc2 model format is a newer version of the one used in wow). So no, the wc3 models is not huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.