• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

'Fantasy' Models in SC2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone has any knowledge whether they'll already be a few fantasy models in there along with all the futuristic/sci-fi stuff.

For say if someone wanted to make an RPG with your typical Warrior, Rogue, Mage.

If not whats your predictions on players making custom war3 like units for SC2. Think they'll be alot of modellers motivated on this part?

Level 12
SC2 is a futuristic game, with futuristic models
But I think, that somebody will make some converter from WC3 and WoW to Sc2

Lol yes I'm well aware of the futuristic part. Was mainly thinking whether it would be worth making a fantasty type rpg or will the model simply to few and limited for that category. Futuristic rpg's only perhaps, atleast for a while.

As for Wc3/WoW won't those models be heavily outdated compared to the much improved and higher quality sc2 ones.

Level 9
The hydralisc is included in Wc3, maybe we might see some units from the Warcraft universe..

Anyway, I'm sure a lot of people is going to make some units for your needs for starcraft II. At least, at some point, don't expect to see too much for the first couple of months.

Level 12
Don't you mean Diablo 3 ?

But yea as you guys said they did have a marine, hydralisk and zergling in war3, maybe they'll put a bit of effort into a Wizard, Warrior and a few others.

Hopefully thou the community will get cracking. Might be possible for alot of war3 modellers to 'update' their current models and take them over to SC2.

Status
Not open for further replies.