• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Final Fantasy & a Sci Fi AoS Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Bless to everyone

I am declaring 2 AoS map projects I am working on and I am mostly in need of testers to help me test out the heroes for both the sci fi and final fantasy AoS maps. I am also in need of a good trigger user to mostly help me make an item system for my final fantasy map also to help me with a few triggered spells here and there. Also looking for someone with good terrain making experience.

Anyone who is interested to join either or both of the projects is more then welcome. I would love to have some people who are very interested in either AoS, Final Fantasy or Science Fiction type stories.

The Sci Fi map called Seworas Life Force was originally created by Sewora. I had joined him merely as a tester the map itself was a 3 lane map and all the custom models and such were very nice but it lacked alot of balance. I always give as much detailed feedback as possible as I always do when testing and eventually Sewora had me in charge of all around map balance a very hard job for me as the balance was so far out even in terms of the pushing creeps and he wanted the hero in the map to feel the same way in play even if I had to change spells. Sewora was working on other things and one day simply left the map in my hands. After all the work put in i decided to carry on building into it and now its finally got 24 playable heroes with better balancing from them to the creeps and towers also it now features 4 lanes rather then 3. I am still in the thought process with what to do with items and what to do with neutral zones on the map but the raw play of pushing on this map is ready to be played out.

The final fantasy map is the first map I really started on a long time ago on a dota template really just messing around with the editor getting to know to use the object/trigger editors. I was enjoying it but I didnt like where the heroes were going. Like alot of fan made anime/game aos maps I was merely trying to throw the best moves of the characters into the game rather then coming up with an actual play concept a big and easy mistake to make when your new to mapping. When I stopped gaming for a time i every now and again came back to the edit this map but i didnt really do much with it. After trying to get back into AoS i started working on this map again and recently I have completed a batch of heroes with proper concepts some of which i approve of 100% and am proud of, no real flashy skills and spells just solid playability. I have the map pretty much all figured out how I want it on paper and its just a case of applying it to the map itself.

I would like to make these maps more of a community type project so I am up for listening to any ideas for things to add to make them better even personal characters or hero types you would like to see in the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.