• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Looking for Terrain Maker/Designer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello Hive,

let me introduce myself first. My Name is Lykaas and i have been around warcraft for quite some time now, even though i joined Hive just recently.

I play both the normal Warcraft and custom map and was thinking about doing my own.The problem i faced was that there are just too many AoS Maps out there, and this would be the only type of map i would do since i am a huge fan of AoS Maps and MOBA's in general.

Now with Blizzard announcing Warcradt 3: Reforged i actually changed my mind. I think an new Aos Map could be something nice with the new graphics and sound and so on. Also, i dont know how many of these AoS Maps will work with Warcraft 3: Reforged.

Now i have okay skills with the World Editor but something i am really lacking is making a good Terrain.

Let me explain: I have the basic layout of the map. All lanes and the jungle. The river and the base. I already now where i want the creep camps and other neutral monsters. I also did "mark" them on the map. I just dont know how to use all the different variations of tree's and bushes and other elements to good effect. For example: The optic of the jungle shouldn't only contain tree's. Some stones and statues and these kinda things are missing in my map.

That why i am looking for someone who know's the features of the editor and know's how to work with them to create a diverse and unique look for the map. Like i said: The spots that need's to get filled are marked, you wont do the entire map.

If you have any questions left feel free to ask me! And if you want to join and help to get this project to the next level, PM me or reply to this post.

Lykaas

(EDIT: THREAD CLOSED, FOUND ONE)

Last edited:
Level 5
i'd recommend you to learn every mapping tutorial in this site. they'll show you all what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.