• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Final Fantasy RPG Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Greetings everybody! ;)
I just wanted to announce you all that my project of Final Fantasy open RPG is soon ready to launch! I have been working alone on this map since last year and i have put lots of efforts on it.
I want everybody to know that i did not create this because i felt that i needed to or such reason, but i created this out of heart and fantasy.
I had a great time creating this map by myself and i enjoyed it alot.
Now it has come to an end with the creation i belive and soon it is time for it to launch! I have had over 349 beta testers and testings as total and i am counting on having one more last test before it is 100% released.
I have for the couple last weeks been fixing bugs and text corrections and so far im very happy with how it is.
And now for my tiny information and description about it:

A little information about the map:
The map is closely made of the Final Fantasy games, from FF1-FF12. Therefor its name will be ' World of Final Fantasy! '
This map includes random Characters from FF2-FF12 and each Character has its own amount of Jobs/Classes
( So far a total of 28 jobs/classes )

This map uses many models and textures - thanks to many people whom thier name you can find under credits.

Map Systems
Many great systems has been added to the map, such as Save&Load,
Materia system,
Job/Class system,
EXP (Party) systes,
Weapon/Shield system
Extra Inventory System
And a few more. Many Thanks to Vexorian and few others, great creators. Thier names can be found under credits.

The map will use the Final Fantasy 7 and Final Fantasy Tactics ability system mostly, such as Materia etc and yet each job/class has its own Spells and Abilities which are being bought and upgraded through JP (Job Points) Taken from Final Fantasy Tactics.

Whats new??
It also has one new system which i thought would work wonderfuly with Final Fantasy. The Unidentified and Forge system. Yes in this map even as Final Fantasy, there are many Unidentified Materias and other items such as Chest Pieces and Weapons. The Forge System will be such as, you can craft different types of items from recipes and upgrade your own equipment.
Something else being inserted in this map is the common/rare/epic colored items etc, there will exist many items in this Final Fantasy World.

Here are a few screenshots of how the world looks:

You May want to press the Pictures to increase the size.

Thank you for your time and i want you to know that it is highly appreciated.
Hopefully you will be one of my map-player ;)
Thank you so far and gl, hf!

For those who wonders, yes this is an ORPG which is multiplay compatible and can be played through battle.net
This should have been mentioned above but wasn't that clear, so yes it is 8-10 player compatible. For further questions and concerns please ask or simply private-message me.

Thank you so far for your time :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 4
I like your presentation and im a big fan of Final Fantasy. Hope i can beta test it with you xD The terrain looks pretty good not the best but better than all other orpgs out there. But you only told a bit information about it so maybe you wanna tell more about it.

How many bosses are there?
Are they well triggered?
How many items we can find?
Are there some hidden things?
Many quests?
You only use names from FF or from wc3 too?
You added chars/bosses/items which are in all FF games? such as Gilgamesh, Bahamut, Chocobos etc

Level 3
I like your presentation and im a big fan of Final Fantasy. Hope i can beta test it with you xD The terrain looks pretty good not the best but better than all other orpgs out there. But you only told a bit information about it so maybe you wanna tell more about it.

1.How many bosses are there?
2.Are they well triggered?
3.How many items we can find?
4.Are there some hidden things?
5.Many quests?
6.You only use names from FF or from wc3 too?
7.You added chars/bosses/items which are in all FF games? such as Gilgamesh, Bahamut, Chocobos etc

Greetings there ;)
I will answer your questions at once.
1. There are plenty of bosses, and rare mobs, each Area has atleast 1 rare mob and the total amount of big bosses without counting rare mobs would be around 30-40. Try to find them all ;)
2. Almost Everything is triggered in this map, the spells which you cast and even the spells which some mobs cast. For example, you encounter Ultima Weapon: He is triggered to cast certain spells such as Meteor once his HP reaches an amount in %, lets say 70%. Then he will cast a triggered Meteor on you and all your party. But this is not just it, each boss has its own tactic to use, though not all the minor bosses but mostly the high end ones such as Ultima Weapon/Ruby Weapon/Sephiroth/Some Dark Aeons etc etc.
One fair example is Tortoise: it has 85% reflect damage vs melee and 100% immunity towards spells. This would require you to perhaps buy pretty many potions/phoenix downs, have some melee classes such as Berserker/Knight/Assassin/Ninja etc and then many healers such as Priests/Bishops/Summoners with healing/protection Aeons (Golem/Fairy/Carbuncle etc)
3. Amount of items that can be found or bought in this map is: 304. So a total of 304 custom made items exists in this map.
4. There are MANY hidden things and secrets in this map. Such as hidden bosses/items/areas/classes/quests/even spells/and some things that aren't ready to be revealed here.
5. There will be many qeusts at the starting areas mostly to help you level up, though once you hit closer to the ending areas and continents, the quests will get a bit less and will let you explore instead and raid/party or group encounter bosses.
6. The names used on all Characters are from Final Fantasy only. Even the names on each boss, is from Final Fantasy series only.
7. Yes all bosses and such are from Final Fantasy games. Everything here is most likely from FF2-FF12. Even the spells such as Fire/Fira/Firaga/Firaja.

Thank you for your time and hopefully this will have answered most of your thoughts and questions. Hope to see you around in World of Final Fantasy sometimes. The map will be released most likely from either today evening to this weekend.
Thank you for your time, it is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.