• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

FF7 Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there, it's been a while since I've last posted around here, but I've been working on a little something.

FF7 Life

I'm not sure how many of you are fans of Final Fantasy 7, but personally it was one of my favourite games. This map will be similar to a LoaP, in the sense that you get a job, collect money and spend it, but rather then being some lousy redo of an old version of LoaP with ridiculously overpowered units, I've been building the map from the ground up.

The map itself will be an emulation of Final Fantasy 7 combat, where you have a chance to miss, to critical and to dodge. You pop potions, use materia and have a limit break.

Jobs

I've been attempting to make jobs that reflect certain locations and areas in Final Fantasy 7. For example, if any of you remember, the Ghost Trainyard. You can take a job to cleanse the ghosts that hide inside of it. If you also remember, there's a train station where the Station Master let out the passengers. I have added a Station Master job, where you open the doors for the train and let the passengers out. There is the Waiter job, which is found at Tifa's bar called Seventh Heaven. There is a Shinra Scientist job, where you kidnap Midgar citizens and use them in experiments.

Areas

There's a town, which I haven't really worked to look like Midgar, but I might in the future. There's the snowy areas that surround the crater, and then there's the crater itself. The crater contains replicas of the creatures that dwelled in there, for example, the Parasites, Gargoyles and the Black Dragons. More areas will be added as I continue to work.

Materia

This is where combat comes together. In Final Fantasy 7, the only differences between the characters were their weapons and their starting health and mana. This is generally the same in this map, and any hero may equip any materia they wish. There will be a variety of materia that have various different abilities. Higher level abilities possess a higher mana cost, meaning that they cannot be used until you have enough maximum mana, which would be at a certain level.

I've been considering on working on a Enemy Skill materia, which was an item in Final Fantasy 7 that allowed you to replicate certain abilities that were used on you in combat permanently. I may not do this, however, because I have not thought of a way that this can be done.

Monsters and Pets

The monsters in the game are mostly reflections of creatures that were in the game, but there are a few original creations running about the map. The monsters also possess the abilities of the creatures in Final Fantasy 7. I've also created purchasable pets, such as Dark Nation, Rufus' pet.

Healing Items

Healing items, such as potions and ethers, can be stacked up to a maximum of 99 in a Player's inventory. The tent item that was in Final Fantasy 7 is also in this map. When used, it causes you to sleep for 20 seconds. If your sleep is undisturbed for these 20 seconds, you will wake up fully recovered. You do not naturally regenerate health or mana in this map, so you will be relying on these items heavily.

What needs work

More jobs, more materia, more monsters, more terrain and locations, more items, more pets.

This map won't be a perfect replica of FF7, but I will attempt to stay true to the original game as much as possible.

It's going to be hard doing something based on FF, stuff for FF is hard to find around here.

That is true. However, I did not really plan to grab a bunch of custom models. I've found Shinra Soldiers and that was probably the only custom model I was going to use. I didn't really plan to have the main characters from the game itself in the game, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.