• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Saving map while full disk space

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello.

So, I accidentally tried to save the map while I Had full disk space.

I use Jass World Editor 5d.

When I tried to save the map, then first I got error messages that "cannot save custom model X". Then, I tried to save it again after I Got some extra disk space. It worked, though JassHelper got stuck at fixing errors so I had to disable it. Now, the map saves normally, with or without JassHelper, but still over half of my custom models size is 0 KB and in-editor and in-game they are green boxes.

But, I am asking here that, what damage is done to my map? Are only my Custom Models damaged, so I would only have to replace them. Could my triggers be damaged, or so on.

Level 14
Hello.

So, I accidentally tried to save the map while I Had full disk space.

I use Jass World Editor 5d.

When I tried to save the map, then first I got error messages that "cannot save custom model X". Then, I tried to save it again after I Got some extra disk space. It worked, though JassHelper got stuck at fixing errors so I had to disable it. Now, the map saves normally, with or without JassHelper, but still over half of my custom models size is 0 KB and in-editor and in-game they are green boxes.

But, I am asking here that, what damage is done to my map? Are only my Custom Models damaged, so I would only have to replace them. Could my triggers be damaged, or so on.

Usually when this happens it means that one of your imports has either a wrong file path or is corrupt. Try to remember the last thing you imported and remove it from the import manager, save your map re-open it and see if it happens again...

Level 3
How can the file path be wrong or the file be corrupt?
Their sizes went to 0 KB after not having space to save them.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
How can the file path be wrong or the file be corrupt?
Their sizes went to 0 KB after not having space to save them.
This is because it was unable to save the imports due to a lack of disc space so instead it saved empty files.

There are 2 solutions.
1. Roll back to a previous version before all imports became curropt due to lack of disc space.
2. Re-import all imports.

Level 3
This is because it was unable to save the imports due to a lack of disc space so instead it saved empty files.

There are 2 solutions.
1. Roll back to a previous version before all imports became curropt due to lack of disc space.
2. Re-import all imports.

2. I was going to do this, I just wanted to ask in Hive that did something else become corrupted.

Thanks!

Level 3
I see.

Well, even though this may be little off-topic, I cannot open my ability tab anymore in the object data. Any help?

When I try to open it, it lags for 5 seconds and then I see wrong data (unit data, doodad data, etc) in it.

I cannot open Items tab either

I think that when I tried to open the abilities tab yesterday, my windows 7 got error with the WE and shutted it down.

edit; Oh, I can open abilities tab now, but I can't open Items tab.

edit2; okay, the bug is this like;
I start WE, click object data, then open Y tab.
Then, I open my map, and when it is opened, i go to object data. Now I see my Y Tab, then I open another tab, lets say X tab.
It lags for 5 seconds, and after it I see the exact same stuff in X Tab as I saw in the Y tab.
And this is the problem. Do you know how to fix it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.