• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Maps Refuse To Save

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I've got a simple problem thats been going on for a while, but there is no way to fix it from what I see.

I have a few maps in my compaign, everytime I try to edit them, it lets me. I finsh editing, click my save button, it pops up with the save window. When it finishes saving, I try to close out of editor, and it asks if I want to save again..So I click Yes and the save window pops back up then it goes back to editor. The only way I can get out of editor is telling the Would You Like To Save Prompt No, thus erasing anything I have completed.

If I open a brand new map, I can save it. But If I place that map in my campaign and try to edit it by opening the campaign and editing the map, it won't let me. Any idea whats stopping this?

I have custom units in my campaign, but not in the maps. I thought maybe that would have something to do with it as well.

Level 11
Remember - you need to save your map only once. Use the "File" on the upper line in the WE (World Editor). If you already have your map saved, click no, or use Windows Task Manager (to enter it, use Ctrl+Alt+Del).

I don't get what else is your problem. Try doing it in list:
1 - Place a region on the map
2 - Place a footman outside of region
3 - Enter Trigger Editor
4 - Create a new trigger
5 - Add action to the created trigger (select it first): click that button, wait unti,window pops, and then choose in first line: "Unit", in second - "Kill"
6 - Add event: Unit - A unit enters region.
7 - Add condition: Unit Type - Unit-Type of (triggering unit) equal to Footman
8 - Launch the scenario in war3
9 - Move your footman into the region until you notice that he died.
10 - Move any other unit into the region and see him alive.

Level 4
I enabled Auto Save just to see what it would say when trying to save if it popped up an error:

Unable to Open File: testmap.w3xTemp/war3map is the exact error message.

Status
Not open for further replies.