• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Save file not in folder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
when i save my gaia, the save file doesnt appear in warcraft folder in the custommapdata folder, i had to make this folder custommapdata manually also, i tried without it as well, folder doesnt create itself. Erm so where did my save go ?? cant find it , i checked in documents or anywhere cant find it, help? im using unpaid version of warcraft ft.

Last edited:
Level 2
Same Problem here, I reported it already though ...
atm I'm using "-saveold" to printscreen the code.

Level 2
I'm not sure what you mean.
When you type "-saveold" the code isn't saved in an html file (or whatever), instead its printed to the screen. Ergo you have to printscreen it to save it in paint or similar.

Level 3
it is saved in documents\warcraft 3. Not the game directory itself.
played with him in 1.27 gr not in 1.28 im sure if he patched or not.

when i save my gaia, the save file doesnt appear in warcraft folder in the custommapdata folder, i had to make this folder custommapdata manually also, i tried without it as well, folder doesnt create itself. Erm so where did my save go ?? cant find it , i checked in documents or anywhere cant find it, help? im using unpaid version of warcraft ft.
if you use 1.27 war.exe then the 1.27 warcraft folder should have it in CustomMapData > name > chars (This is the directory for warcraft 1.28; Documents/Warcraft III/CustomMapData/<Name>/*Chars*)

Level 2
I'm currently playing the version 1.2C(10) (because that's the newest version on makemehost.com where the textures don't bug (or is that fixed in 1.28?)).
However, the -save command doesn't create a .txt file in CustomMapData/... because this was introduced in 1.2C(17) I guess?

Also: yesterday I played again with my friends and some of us couldn't load our chars from our -saveold codes (I checked the code twice, it was correct!), is that a known problem?

Level 3
I'm currently playing the version 1.2C(10) (because that's the newest version on makemehost.com where the textures don't bug (or is that fixed in 1.28?)).
However, the -save command doesn't create a .txt file in CustomMapData/... because this was introduced in 1.2C(17) I guess?

Also: yesterday I played again with my friends and some of us couldn't load our chars from our -saveold codes (I checked the code twice, it was correct!), is that a known problem?

I never had problems in game... though you can try ent and play 1.2C(18) instead mb that'll fix it 1.26-1.27a the saves are in Warcraft III/GaiasRetaliation. in 1.27b its in CustomMapData/GaiasRetaliation. 1.28+ Document/Warcraft III/CustomMapData/GaiasRetaliation. though 1.28 is bugged cos the ids are fucked we play on 1.28.2 and right theres no bugs for us here in bnet.

Status
Not open for further replies.