• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Save Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I've been working on a game for quite some time.
I have multiple versions of it will all the previous versions working and saving just fine.
However with this version when I save it, it appears on my in game list when I launch warcraft 3 but it wont load.
See the attached photo for what I mean (apologies for the phone pic).

I save it into the map section in the warcraft 3 folder but when I look there through the windows file explorer it doesnt appear which is really weird.
But it will appear in the game.

I already tried saving it to the my documents maps folder but that had the same issue.

I can test the map and it works just fine but when I go to load it up through the actual warcraft 3 game it wont load.

Anything anyone can do to help would be incredibly helpful.

Attachments

• no load problem.jpg
    no load problem.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 17
Level 2
I tried changing the map save name to testmap to see if that had any impact.
I also tried creating a new map through the editor and saving it in the same spot.
This new world seemed to work fine which im guessing implies some sort of issue with the game saving.
I can launch the game through the test section in the world editor but when I load the game its like the brightness has been cranked up to 9000%

Level 6
I tried changing the map save name to testmap to see if that had any impact.
I also tried creating a new map through the editor and saving it in the same spot.
This new world seemed to work fine which im guessing implies some sort of issue with the game saving.
I can launch the game through the test section in the world editor but when I load the game its like the brightness has been cranked up to 9000%
Dude as a last resort you can export all your trigger and object data along with your assets into a brand new map of the same size or a copy of one of your backups that works. In the case of trying out a brand new map you can copy and paste terrain, doodads, and units between maps, not a very pleasant task though. Follow @Uncle's counsel first. See if you can find anything you imported or changed between the current state of the map and the last state at which it worked. If you can't find any solution anywhere, you could try what I suggested above as a last resort.

Status
Not open for further replies.