• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Missing Graphics on Loading a Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I've noticed this multiple times - it happens sometimes when I start Warcraft III anew, then load a old single-player game from my custom campaign (or in some cases, any skirmish game) - some graphics/special effects are just missing. In standard skirmish games, for example, the animation glowy green effect that's supposed to play for summonig undead buildings doesn't appear.

Some facts I know:
- If you start a map new and just keep playing, this won't happen, no matter how often you save/reload
- However, if I quit Warcraft 3, restart my computer, then start Warcraft 3 anew and load one of those old games then (even if loading that saved game worked fine during that earlier single session) the problem happens every time with that saved game.

I saw a reference to a similar problem on the DotA forums when I searched (see http://www.playdota.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116842), but the suggested solution (restarting my PC) didn't help - the same save game still stuffs up every time.

Any idea what causes this?

Last edited:
Level 15
This doesn't really help you understand it, but I've experienced glitches with saved games too. For example, multiboard titles lose their colouring and become white, certain visual effects (I noticed starfall caster effect) don't properly show all aspects of it, etc. I suppose it's just something to do with saved games.

Status
Not open for further replies.