• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Codeless Save & Load Requires Client Restart Between Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I've implemented a codeless save load (using the natives in the w3ts library) and it's working great. But there's one problem: it requires you restart your client between games, otherwise the load reads the previous save data. I'm guessing this is due to some cache issue in the game client, but I have no idea how to purge the cache manually or work around this issue.

Any help or insight would be appreciated!

Level 11
@Dr Super Good I have a followup question that you might know since it's about codeless save/load: Are there any issues with codeless save/load that can cause desyncs later in the game? If the save/load itself is the issue, then I would expect it to occur immediately.

I have this weird vague memory of a forum post I read a year ago that it might break the FourCC calls, but I might be making that up. Any help is appreciated.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
@Dr Super Good I have a followup question that you might know since it's about codeless save/load: Are there any issues with codeless save/load that can cause desyncs later in the game? If the save/load itself is the issue, then I would expect it to occur immediately.
Not as far as I am aware. Such systems should not be causing desyncs directly at any time.

Status
Not open for further replies.