• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] A few questions about Codeless Save Load

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I am planning to use the Codeless Save Load system in the future and I had a few questions. I have not really experimented with it yet.

1. I have seen the basic example map that the system comes with and I dont know how the save trigger chooses the players hero? Is that function somewhere in the Jass code? I may want to choose like pets or storage unit types to save so I want to know how to choose a specific unit.

2. Can somebody explain what a Helper Library is? It looks like a script but, what does it do?

3. How can a players name be saved and loaded to check if its the same player? I noticed that it only saves integers, not strings.

4. If I wanted to save every time a hero picked up and droped an item, would it cause lots of lag? I have quiet a few items so it could happen a lot but I want to avoid save load duplicating. I am just asking how much lag saving causes.

5. If a hero used a tome of health and increased his health and I saved it in the code, then set his health when loading, would it screw up the buffs given by attributes? Like getting 25 health for every strength but when using a tome the health would change and If I set it to the health with the tome then would the 25 health per strength be screwed up?

Thank you for answering and +rep to any answer

Status
Not open for further replies.