• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Major saving issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
Hey,

For anyone who might have the time to check this out and help me, thank you.
I've recently been hard at work trying to get my map, Goblin Dominator Squad up and ready to go for beta testing. Then out of the blue, I can't save anymore.

I tried to see if it was just a map issue. But is not. I opened up a new map and saved it instantly. I got this error that time: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin_data/psgeem/Error Message.jpg Please note, it does work fine saving said maps on others computers, Kellym0 tried saving on his and it worked fine.

My first course of action was assuming that something had fucked up the map editor, I use JNGP editor. I asked in the chat and they claimed the issue was triggerstring causing these issue. I don't have this file in the warcraft directory. However, I found a triggerstringAddon file in the editor folder. So I renamed it and pushed it aside, the error still remained. So I deleted the editor and downloaded it again,this did not seem to work.

So after doing pretty much everything I could think of, I uninstalled warcraft 3 and reinstalled it. The issue still remains. It's frustrating to the point that I could cry, but as man I do not cry, I just vent steam and scream at the world "Why me? The fuck is going on!?"

So while the options I've explored seems to do nothing, please, guys, help me out here.
I seriously want to make my map testable. I've spent all my free days trying to get this shit working, since the issue appeared rather quickly on the first day.

Regards,
MiniMage

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
I saw this image yesterday in the chat (like 2 hours later) and figured someone had helped you by that time.

The image doesn't help us that much. If you double click on one of the error lines it will bring you down to where the error lies.
Even if there are many errors, one of those are likely the real one, the others are just false ones. I know it sounds funny, but if you write code and forget a ) you will get 5 errors and not one.
But it tends to be the first one.

The optional solution would be to give us a download link for the map, but I can obviously imagine someone not wanting to share a project to the public before it's ready for whatever.

Level 6
- Your antivirus may have deleted some JNGP tools. (exclude JNGP directory)
- Run NewGen WE as Administrator.
- You may be using another version of common.j which may be imported in your map or is used a Local File.
- The path to warcraft may be wrong in the registry and JNGP is having problems finding it.
- common.j or some thing similar is missing/damaged from/in the MPQ or the MPQ it self is missing or inaccesible or damaged.

Level 26
- Your antivirus may have deleted some JNGP tools. (exclude JNGP directory)
- Run NewGen WE as Administrator.
- You may be using another version of common.j which may be imported in your map or is used a Local File.
- The path to warcraft may be wrong in the registry and JNGP is having problems finding it.
- common.j or some thing similar is missing/damaged from/in the MPQ or the MPQ it self is missing or inaccesible or damaged.

- My antivirus did block some stuff. I added that to exceptions.
- Kay. Same shit happens.
- Unlikely as I reinstalled the game and re-downloaded the editor.
- Possible. Not completely sure how to fix this issue though.
- Unlikely as I reinstalled the game and re-downloaded the editor.

Level 6
Do a screenshot of the keys you find here : HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Warcraft III and post it.

Level 19
Try disabling the native syntax checker (via Grimore tab) and enabling jasshelper (disable vjass if you want)? PJass shouldnt give those errors even if there is something wrong with the common.j in the MPQ/Wc3 folder (which isnt the case because it runs normally in the regular editor).

You should then test the map(s) and see if they load at all (in my experience, maps with errors in the war3map.j simply return you to the menu, without showing a loading screen).

Alternatively, you can try downloading a different version of JNGP. I cant see which version you are using but I sugger getting the 2.0 version.

E: Just looked at the chat and it seems you fixed it

Well, the trigger editor one bundled in JNGP sadly is the 1.21 editor which isn't compatible. Hence Pjass exist inside JNGP, to replace the default one.
I think the editor should have been default disable it and don't give that option to enable it.

This is as far as memory concerned.
Though I'm glad you resolve the issue! :thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.