• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Santa Snowball Fight 1.6

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Mattz101
Santa Snowball Fight

Santa Claus is giving out free presents! You must return
them to your team's igloo to score.
The Human Kids of course immediately gathered up, but unfortunately the Orc Kids don't wanna be left out either, and so a hot-cold war of snowballs has broke out!

Game Principle:
Like Capture the Flag, both teams must try to get a present, which spawns in the center of the map, to their team's igloos, but this isn't easy at all, because the carrier is heavily slowed and vulnerable to snowballs. Use teamwork and support your carrier
to win the game!

Defeating an opposing kid gives 1 Point and 1 Gold, returning a present gives 10 Points and 5 Gold.
The first team to score 100 points wins the game.

Map Information:

Youtube Video (even though of version 1.4, it's still pretty recent)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6yi2uMl0Ss

Basic skills:
snowball.jpg
Snowball - 5 Snow
Throws an ordinary Snowball in the clicked direction, which causes 25 damage upon impact.
homing.jpg
Homing Snowball - 15 Snow
Throws a snowball that ignores obstacles and hits for sure, but deals only 10 damage.
yellowsnow.jpg
Yellow Snowball - 10 Snow
Throws a *yuck* yellow snowball in the clicked direction, which causes 20 damage upon impact and poisons the target for further 15 damage in 15 seconds.

Hero-Skills, which can be taken after reaching a higher level (maximum level: 12):
icefort.jpg
Snow Fort - 35 Snow
You become temporarily invincible by surrounding yourself with walls of ice, which block off all snowballs. Moving or attacking ends the effect. Good for teamwork (blocking off enemies).
barrage.jpg
Barrage - 40 Snow
A true volley of Snowballs consisting of 4 snowballs fly in the clicked direction after 0.5 sec, every snowball dealing a potential 25 damage.
hiddenrock.jpg
Hidden Rock - 30 Snow
Throws a slower snowball in the clicked direction, which causes 30 damage on impact and stuns for 1.5/2.5 seconds. Also causes carriers to drop their present.
Spell_Frost_FrostNova.jpg
Experienced Thrower - 3 Levels
Increases the rate at which you collect snow and allows for more skill usage.
evasion.gif
Avoidance - Gives you a
chance to dodge snowballs and stay unharmed. Yellow Snowballs and Hidden Rocks are more likely to be dodged than normal snowballs. Learnable at levels 4/8/12.

Using the gold you acquire while fighting, you can buy useful equipment at Santa's shop.
This is a little assortment of what you can buy (not everything is listed):

snowman.jpg
Friendly Snowman - 5 Gold
Creates a friendly snowman that boosts team morale and enables health regeneration in a big area.
keinbild.jpg
Mulled Wine - 1 Gold
Heals 35 HP instantly.
candycane.jpg
Everlasting Candycane - 14 Gold
As long as you posess this sweet candy, you will be able to constantly regenerate health.
frostnova.gif
Frosty Mc Frost - 6 Gold
For 10 snow, the Frosty McFrost freezes a player on the ground for 5 seconds, unable to use any skills or move - ideally used against a present carrier.
Spell_Fire_Fire.gif
Heater - 3 Gold
Creates a heater, which melts the area around it, forbidding any player in its radius to acquire snow and melts away all existing snow reserves.
GlovesHaste.gif
Winter Gloves - 5 Gold
These warm gloves prevent your hands from freezing. They give all thrown snowballs a 30% speed bonus which also makes them fly farther.

There are many more items which can be seen ingame.

Map:
map2.jpg

Credit to Blizzard for their WoW icons and the maker of the orc kid model I got from wc3sear.ch long ago.

v1.6
-Introduced Taverns and Beer
-updated the amount of gold the present carrier gets to 3, all other teammates receive 1 gold to encourage teamwork
-various improvements
-German version made, downloadable HERE
v1.52
-Ongoing bugs with the santa factory have forced me to make it invincible again, the item has been changed again and should be bugfree now.
v1.51
-Present slows down a little less now
-Snowball pool changed down to 80 maximum snow
-Respawns take longer the higher level you are
-Ice blocks are permanent now + New Icon
-Changed costs: Winter Gloves: 6 Gold, Frosty McFrost: 5 Gold
-Further Santa Factory tuning ("\(-.-)/")
-Mulled Wine now restores 50 HP but has a chance to make you drunk
-Various cosmetic changes
-Optimized RAM usage

Keywords:
santa, snowball, fight, claus, father, christmas, snow, ball, ctf, capture, the, flag, presents, humans, orcs, 2007, 2008
Contents

Santa Snowball Fight 1.6 (Map)

Reviews
15:18, 2nd May 2009 by bounty hunter2: The map isn't bad, but it has to many downsides. Terrain is truly horrible, it seems you had spent about five minutes working on it. The spells and the tooltips weren't done in a good manner. The map lacks...

M

15:18, 2nd May 2009 by bounty hunter2:
The map isn't bad, but it has to many downsides. Terrain is truly horrible, it seems you had spent about five minutes working on it. The spells and the tooltips weren't done in a good manner. The map lacks diversity aswell. It is about a 2/5, since it's fun to play, but I am not approving it, atleast not until the terrain is fixed, or improved, Rejected.

Level 3
Hm... Its a good fight, but homing ball is really annoying... Coes oposit team just spams it on present runner... Also its almost imposible to get back present when it reaches enemy last straight run, coes they just respawn very quick and dont have to run too lond.. Mb make respawn longer?

Level 2
I think this balances out.
On the one hand the carrier is pretty vulnerable because as you said, they can also spam homing snowball on the carrier, so he is lost without his teammates killing off the enemies - on the other hand a good team working together and bringing the present near their base should be rewarded, shouldn't they? After all it's pretty hard to really capture a present in all the games I've played so far.
And you wouln't really wanna wait 30 seconds everytime you die, or?

:wwink:

Level 3
Not 30, but 5-7 would be nice. Like 1 extra sec to respawn every 2 lvls?

Level 2
Maybe I will introduce this in a new version, but for that I also need new and interesting features, it's not worth making a new version just for longer respawn.
I also think people will get frustrated if they have to wait too long since it's easy
to get yourself killed in this game.

Level 2
I've fulfilled your wish and released a new version now, Bizz, it will go live shortly after I've tested it some in BNet! Respawn timer for a lvl 1 is now 4 sec, for a lvl 12 10sec.

v1.51
-Present slows down a little less now
-Snowball pool changed down to 80 maximum snow
-Respawns take longer the higher level you are
-Ice blocks are permanent now + New Icon
-Changed costs: Winter Gloves: 6 Gold, Frosty McFrost: 5 Gold
-Further Santa Factory tuning ("\(-.-)/")
-Mulled Wine now restores 50 HP but has a chance to make you drunk
-Various cosmetic changes
-Optimized RAM usage

Level 2
Are you the creator of this map? If not do you know where I may contact them?

Yes I am.

man this game is amazing good job with this ive neer had so much fun in my life
very nice!
oder anders:
einfach genial :grin:

1337/5 :wink:

Ty a lot :grin:

bounty hunter2 said:
The map isn't bad, but it has to many downsides. Terrain is truly horrible, it seems you had spent about five minutes working on it. The spells and the tooltips weren't done in a good manner. The map lacks diversity aswell. It is about a 2/5, since it's fun to play, but I am not approving it, atleast not until the terrain is fixed, or improved, Rejected.

I am not sure what map you played but surely not this one!?
Yes the terrain is "lacking" for BALANCE reasons! It must be an almost complete mirror match or else it wouldn't be fair!
And the spells and tooltips are top-notch, so again, you must have played another map!? I don't see how my colored and nicely described tooltips arent "done in a good manner"!? There are no bugs with the spells either AFAIK so what makes you think that!?
I can just shake my head at this wrong review of my quality map, I have played well over 500 different maps and I know just where my map is standing quality and game-fun wise. The only rightful critic lies on the terrain, which has to be kept pretty simple as aforementioned for balance reasons.