• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

JonNny´s Snowball Fight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Snowball fight

I split up my big Thred about five maps i made yesterday , i hope on specified topids there will be even a bit feedback

Demo Version

Terrain: IIIIIIIIII ~90%
Systems: IIIIIIIIIII ~90%
Units/Items: IIIIIIIIII ~80%
All in all: IIIIIIIIII ~85%

*Update*
-Critical Error fixed
-Optimised some Systems
-Herochoose added
-first provisorial deathmatch gamemode
-new runes added
-First Demo Version !!

---> View attachment SnowballfightDemo.w3x <---

Now i need some suggestions please to optimise it and make a first public version.

Its a Snowball Fight map. Two Teams with up to 4 players which fight against eachother with Snowballs.

The Hero has different Attributes which will affect his skills:

- Strength : Throws the Snowballs faster

- Technique : The Flying Snowball has less friction and comes further

- Reflex : faster movementspeed and a higher chance to catch or Conter Snoballs instead of getting hit (depends on the Speed of the Snowball , on your facing to the Snowball (cannot conter Ball from behind ^^) and of cours your Reflex value)

attachment.php

The Heros got Varius spells :
- Jump up/down to dodge the balls
- ensnare to make an enemy immobile for some seconds
- Slow to slow your enemys
- Blockade which makes a hero unable to pick up a Snowball for some seconds

attachment.php

Gameplay

There will be three different game modes:

-Deathmatch (Player with X points wins)
-Team Deathmatch (Team with X kills wins)
-Last Team standing ( No respawn , last standing team gets the Point)

Settings :

Killlimit / Pointlimit

Number of Snowballs on the Field :
Snowballs can be picked up and be thrown. Its the main Part of the game to win

Number of Blockers each side:
Snowballs will rebounce on Blockers (Trees,Stones,..) :p damn my brain died after creating this bouncing on this round objecs

Rune Spawnrate
There are runes which give you some great effects:
- Rune of Fury (Increases Movementspeed for some seconds)
- Rune of Invulnerability
- Rune of Invisibility
- Rune of Size (You will Throw a huge Snowball :p )
- Rune of Giant Jump (you can jump very far)
- Rune of Power (you will trow the Snowball faster)
-Rune of Conter (you will throw near coming Snowballs immediately back to your Enemy)

Bots/no Bots
There are Bots in the game which play like real player. They pick up Snowballs , Throw them and even dodge Snowballs with jumping away :D i guess here must be the hidden critical error

Last edited:
Level 15
I will attach a demo because it is not finished at the moment and i am trying to fix this Critical Error which appears sometimes ...

The Systems are quite finished but the herochoose and gamemodes are just provisorial. This evening or the next days ill attack a demo of it

Edit: Worked on it , Demo finished ! Now please test and comment !

Last edited:
Level 15
Nice game, but bugged. When i tried it the second time, two players won at the same time..... and the heroes are all the same....
---------------------------------
Suggestions:
Golem: Magnetic attraction, attracts ALL nearby snowballs towards his current position (including those throw ones)
Infernal: Flaming touch, cathcing a snowball grants the infernal a fire ball attach instead of the normal one (like the one when you have power rune)
Archimonde: Infernal, gives an unholy call, causing infernal rocks to fall, can be used like snowballs.
Mountain King: Giant Strength, gives the mountain king the strength of a giant, snowballs thrown while it is activefly farther and faster.
Ice troll: Ice barrage, snowballs thrown will be followed by a barrage of ice that slows and damage units hit by the icicles.
Dreadlord: Fear, gives a howl of fear, causing nearby units to be unable to do anything for a short duration.
Zombie: Undying will, snowballs that hit him will leave the zombie with 1 hp. Active, last for short duration. The zombie will regenerate quickly after the hit.
Firelord: Flame bolt, launches a bolt of fire that burns the target and deals damage over time, if the unit dies under the effect of the fire, the unit will explode.
Warden: Swift movement, increases movement speed and allow the caster to blink to the target point by multi-right clicking in a short time.
Tuskar: Amplifier Spear, throws a spear that amplifies all incoming damage, also causes the target to lose hitpoints over time due to the cold conducting spear.

Last edited:
Level 15
these are just provisorial gamemodes to test it (else it would have no end) of cours ethey can be bugged
Ill try to create and finish all gamemodes in the next days

Yes , maybe ill modify the stats of the heroes a bit , but what should i change in addition ? You say they are all the same, but please give some ideas what to change

Status
Not open for further replies.