• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

JonNny´s Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
JonNny´s Maps (Escape from Snowland,Phoenix,Snake TD,Snowball Fight..)

Heyho

I decided to create a Threat about some of my barely finished maps and developing Projects because many are still under construction and feedback and suggestions are always welcome!
I need your opinion, your suggestions , hints , found bugs or critism to optimise them !
Please do not forget to mention about which map you are talking ;)

What do you like ?
What do you dislike ? why ?
Did you find some bugs?
What is about the balancing?
Do you like the idea atall ?
what could be improved ?

maybe its a bit much for one single threat but 5 single ones would be kinda spam (i will see if i split it)
(Thread is not completed , detailed information of the other maps will come soon , but right at the moment i dont have enought time - maybe this evening)
*added Snake TD description*
*added Phoenix descpription*
*added Snowball Fight Preview*

-more detail Preview of Snowball Fight + Screenshots coming
-Preview for the Survivle coming

Escape from Snowland Version 0.04a

already released

Terrain: IIIIIIIIII ~90%
Systems: IIIIIIIIII ~95%
Level: IIIIIIIIII ~80%
All in all: IIIIIIIIII ~90%

maps_14968_preview.jpg

Version 0.04a

This is one of my very first maps , but i think this map got potential and its not just another Escape because it combines some old elements with some new aspects and Ideas.
Contains 6 Levels at the moment.

STORY

The Story is quite simple (what do you expect ? its an Escape :p)
Your well known home turned to a cold freezing country. To survive you have face all dangers and escape this snowland before it is too late.

attachment.php

Gameplay

I guess i dont have to say much about the basic gameplay of an Escape (stay on the path , dodge units...)
but there is more !
You have to solve some small riddles or slide on the ice. Also there is the new(i guess, cuz i didnt see it before in any Escapes) clue that there are Arrows on the ice which guide your way. You have to use them skillful to reach other sides or get keys.
attachment.php

`calculate your way before stepping on ice´

The small riddles are not very tricky but they need your attention. For example you have to press some levers to change arrows or make some units to do something. Also you have always watch carefully to find a way to escape this Snowland.

attachment.php

` stop & go ´

attachment.php

` follow me ´

In this map there also exist Ice Skates which allow you to change your direction on the ice which creates a couple new challanges and require your skill. Dodge some units or rocks on the ice and lead you way to the goal.

attachment.php

`easier that it looks ;) ´

These were all important facts you have to know about this map. I never really finished it and this Project died close the release - not long ago i finished it barely and uploaded it here but it is still far away from a final version so i need you suggestions about new element and especially testing the difficulty to optimise this map!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Phoenix

already released

Terrain: IIIIIIIIII ~100%
Systems: IIIIIIIIII ~90%
Waves: IIIIIIIIII ~90%
All in all: IIIIIIIIII ~95%

maps_14966_preview.jpg

Version 0.03a

Everything started with my little pocket calculator game which was like space invaders xD I decided to make a test how a Space invaders game would be in wc3 and this is the result of a week mapping.

Story

The Story is quite simple
Aliens are invading the world and you have to stop them to save mankind.
You got a Space ship and a choise of 8 weapons to destroy your enemys.
attachment.php

Gameplay

As you recognized it is a singleplayer map which cannot be played on the bnet. This would be impossible too because you have to use the Arrow keys for movement and Escape button to shoot. (delay= dead)
the rest is simple:

-Shatter your enemys
-Dodge the Shots of your enemys
-Collect the Dropped gold
attachment.php

In the Shop you can repair your ship or buy one of 8 different unique weapons
attachment.php

At the moment there are 7 Levels witch 3 aves each (= 21 Waves)
Each Level contains new mean Enemys with unique abilities that you have to dodge for example homing missiles
attachment.php
or dodge your own reflected shots!

All in all this map is really simple but its alot of fun and addicting :>
it needs a bit balancing i guess so as always suggestions are desired to better this map. also i am always open for new ideas

attachment.php

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

untitled survivle (Preview coming soon)

not released

Terrain: IIIIIIIII ~15%
Systems: IIIIIIIIII ~35%
Heros: IIIIIIIIII ~35%
Units/Items: IIIIIIIIII ~25%
All in all: IIIIIIII ~25%

Attachments

• SNOW1.jpg
    SNOW1.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 281
  • SNOW2.jpg
    SNOW2.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 277
  • SNOW3.jpg
    SNOW3.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 284
  • SNOW4.jpg
    SNOW4.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 264
  • SNOW5.jpg
    SNOW5.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 287
  • Snake1.jpg
    Snake1.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 216
  • Snake2.jpg
    Snake2.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 190
  • Special.jpg
    Special.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 2,708
  • PH1.jpg
    PH1.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 6,282
  • PH2.jpg
    PH2.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 6,279
  • PH4.jpg
    PH4.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 6,120
  • PH5.jpg
    PH5.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 6,094
  • PH6.jpg
    PH6.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 6,186
  • Snowball.jpg
    Snowball.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 291
  • Heros.jpg
    Heros.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 484
Last edited:
Level 7
I've played only Phoenix, but I think it's great. A bit too short though, and the last boss was easier than the second last boss, and you could also scale it up a bit :p

BTW, is it even possible to get the flak cannon? :p I saved quite much money and I was able to get only the Corruption Cannon (though I repaired few times).

Level 15
Yeah , its a little bit short but as the name says : "minimap" ;)

Last Boss still too easy... ok i gonna change that a bit ( i already made him harder - ill check that)

and yes , it is possible to get the Flak cannon , just save some money ;) and dont get hit too often ... maybe ill lower the prices because most times you can buy it near to the end which makes it nearly senseles...
*increased the dropped gold amount*
*added a Trainingslevel*

more Comments ..
... i need them :p
*made an own topic for Snowball Fight because it grew too big*

Status
Not open for further replies.