• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Samurai Legends 0.96

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Mitchomitch
Map by Nook, Uploaded by Lord.DarthVader

Feudal Era Japan. Join the battle between Clan Takeda and Clan Asai, choose your hero, hire mercenaries, build shrines to support your team or summon one of the fallen legendary samurai's.

Features:
- 9 unique, skill-based & fully balanced heroes: Ronin, Ninja, Warlord, Yari Samurai, Shinobi, Yumi Samurai, No-Dachi Samurai, Raikou Hogosha & the Onmyoji
- 6vs6 feature, allowing exciting team battles
- Assistance system on hero kills
- Completely new theme which has nothing to do with WarCraft III
- High quality custom graphics providing an beautiful atmosphere
- Hire different kinds of mercenaries to fulfill your task
- Summon one of the fallen legends to support your troops
- Build shrines (extra units, teleportation, shop & higher gold income)
- Cleaned up leaks to prevent lags and optimize performance
- If a player leaves team gets control and higher gold income
- Three secret shops where you can combine items
- Multi board at the end of the game which displays your stats and rank

Official Website: http://beam.to/samurai
Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCBdIJAjRnQ

Keywords:
ninja, samurai, black_stan, japan, asian, nook, anime, naruto, shinobi,
Contents

Samurai Legends 0.96 (Map)

Reviews
21:54, 29th Jun 2009 Linaze: Do you got permission to upload Nook's map? Until evidence is shown, this maps status will remain "Rejected".

M

21:54, 29th Jun 2009
Linaze: Do you got permission to upload Nook's map? Until evidence is shown, this maps status will remain "Rejected".

Level 3
Heyho! Here's my review:

Good:
-Super cool heroes!
-Nice ingame models
-Well done skills + good balance
-Funny gameplay
-Liked the idea of building shrines
-Fallen legends are cool

Neutral:
-Terrain isn't that special, but it fits into this game

Bad:
-Nothing^^

My Rating: 5/5! Awesome Map with well made, funny gameplay and some nice ideas. Keep updating! ;)

Level 31
1.Enviroment is lacking. These forests looks quite okay, but roads/lanes are way too empty.

Map by Nook, Uploaded by Lord.DarthVader
You didn't notice us in the description if you have a permission to upload this map from it's owner.

3. Not original at all, typical AoS map, same as DotA or other same type map, no exceptionals.

However, I expected more from a map that is quite popular at world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net. I rate it by 2.5~3/5 and I think it's good enough for approval, but since the person that uploaded didn't mention if he has a permission to do this, there can be problems about approval thing because it's against the rules.

Level 3
About the permission problem, I read somewhere that nooK gave up on this map, so Samurai Legends stops being developed from this version 0.96. I think permission is not a problem here because the author may not cares about this map anymore.

Level 6
id give this map 10/5 if i could! I barely see anything close to other AOS maps (only the interface, commands and stuff but really it is just WC3 :) ) Btw, 0.96 was already made, did u make anything new? And do u plan on uploading this map at all?

I hope that u will update :)

Level 3
Nook canceled this project in this version 0.96 Two year ago and actual is dead, but this map is perfect for me and many ppl write same in battlenet all playing so just play if you like. ;)

If you wanna play with me add me to friends in euro battlenet and wishp i play with you. ;)

Level 2
An old map I was once in a clan for. It's the same as it was last time I played it--"Meh." It has nice models that nooK stole from a Japanese map, and some pretty decent skills. The game's balanced about as well as it can be--barely--and it has the same basic gameplay as any other AoS out there.

3/5.

Level 3
It has nice models that nooK stole from a Japanese map

Nook, don't stolen models because add models from old wc3sear.ch uploaded by black_stan with permission and black_stan know project SL. Don't write bulls** if you don't know true. Anyway thx all for play. If you test it don't watch in this map like clone of dota or clone of aos because is different category and need different watching for map from 2006. I can write all ppl clone this map will be same true like yours. :))

Level 6
every AOS is a copy of an AOS - there are heroes, towers, creeps, and something u need to destroy. Ofc there can be other stuff (like the heroes and divine armor in blizzard's halloween AOS ). But mostly, they are all more or less the same. This AOS, is an...well...AOS. So ofc there are heroes, items, towers and everything other AOSes have. But when u notice the new terrains, models (the models arent stolen. There are a lot of maps with those models and u cant say that all of them are stealing anything), this AOS is pretty much different. I dont see this as a dota or other AOS copy. It is just an AOS map

Level 4
Overall a very cool map, although i find that alot of it could be changed. For instance while playing I find the terrain could be very very improved. Secondly the towers having 4 dont seem right mabey add 2? It just seems much harder and thirdly the outposts mabey make it so you can capture them? While playing this on B-net It seems very hard for the oposing team to come back after we destroy the outpost.
-Terrain- 5/10 I like the cliffs and such but the actual terrain is very horrible you could improve it now that you are using this map
-Gameplay-10/10 VERY FUN the heros are unique and very fun to play
-Idea- 10/10 Very unique with the heros and samurais and NO he did not steal them as long as he gave credits and yes an AOS map is an AOS map nothing you can do
Overall 25/30 VERY good job it is fun to play =] good luck with your map

Last edited:
Level 1
There is a new remake of it with many of the same things it's called samurai legends legacy. But a lot of people happen to not like it as it was changed through hacking and with the creator's explicit disagreement.

He is given full credit as was asked if he would consider their changes or work with them to make the map better. It's a pretty long and convoluted history. But that's basically it. You can download it at KoNL Forum: Samurai Legends: Legacy download section. if you want it. It has a range of changes. Such as balance changes, the removal of a hero, much reworking. Development on it is currently stalled but it may very well resume but it's of course down to the map maker himself.