1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  11. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Eras Zombie Invasion 0.96

Submitted by Anteep
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Europe is in the dark ages and news of unthinking and slow humans from afar have reached Europe. More news have been told that these "humans" kill others, and these killed ones get up and kill again! Maybe these are just tales to scare children?

Improve your technology, stick with the rest of Europe and kill off the infected.

Medieval Zombie Invasion was the previous name, but now you advance quite far in time.

0.92: Zombuilder gold bug fixed, lag reduced, new units: medium and scout helicopters, light attack drone, self-propelled howitzer. Remember the weird zombie spawning and dying after a human attacks another human? Well that's gone now. New terrain, slightly easier for humans.

0.95: New units: V2 rocket launcher, heavy helicopter, spaceport satellite, patrol boat. Various terrain changes, re-implemented the events, added a -rename command, quarries and mines can't die, added level 6 quarries/mines, zombies now get 1 lumber for every player that leaves and they can spend the lumber on mega-upgrades. Changed names of units, added rebel cities etc, cities can now be captured. Removed some models.

0.96 Bugfixing, new unit: transport helicopter, new rebels.

!NEW FORUM!

Keywords:
Medieval, Time, Eras, Zombie, Infected, Zombies, Guns, Tanks, War, Warfare, Modern, Soldiers, Europe, Age, Technology, Advances, Infection
Contents

Eras Zombie Invasion 0.96 (Map)

Reviews
09:08, 2nd Oct 2008 VGsatomi: A risk style map with a lot of imported models to help create a good theme. An odd but interesting implementation of a zombie nation trying to invade Europe at the same time. Straightforward but slightly repetitive...
  1. 09:08, 2nd Oct 2008
    VGsatomi: A risk style map with a lot of imported models to help create a good theme. An odd but interesting implementation of a zombie nation trying to invade Europe at the same time. Straightforward but slightly repetitive action. Overall good map. Terrain was decent and there didn't appear to be many bugs.

2. kurapikachile

kurapikachile

Resources:
    Resources:
    It looks fun, i will host and i see waht happens...

3. The Panda

The Panda

Icon Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This is a fun map! but not too exciting might need to add some tweaks or somthing but.. all tho good! -Army-of-Pandas

4. kurapikachile

kurapikachile

Resources:
    Resources:
    i played it many times and people loved it, but generally the game ends once zombies are avaible to walk in water...
    also, america as too many zombies, a experienced zombie may be waitig the colonist and then kill them...

5. hunter6

hunter6

Resources:
    Resources:
    i love maps with zombies and i want to tell you that you have to make it more scary and harder.

6. The Panda

The Panda

Icon Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah ive played zombie maps and made some but yeah all tho good.. -Army-of-Pandas

7. kurapikachile

kurapikachile

Resources:
    Resources:
    i found a weird bug, the zombies left the game so we started to kill each other, but once a unit is killed, it's become a zombie! only red, purple and green can't have zombies

8. Anteep

Anteep

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I believe that's because you were playing an older version, it should be fixed in 0.62.

9. kurapikachile

kurapikachile

Resources:
    Resources:
    No, i found that bugg in the 0.62version :bored:

when does atomic age will be ready? we were waiting to nuke all the zombies before they were able to destroy our last base in africa, but we run out of techs and they destroyed the wall...

10. U.A.MEDIC

U.A.MEDIC

Resources:
    Resources:
    another one is that it gets really buggy when you have to many troops in one area
    and one other thing i would like to know how you made the trigger or spell or w/e you used for when the zombies attacked someone else it instantly turned them into a zombie

11. Apollon545

Apollon545

Resources:
    Resources:
    http://epicwar.com/maps/56835/

This, while buggy and the next version will fix lots, is a more balanced version of this, made from an early unprotected version by me, and i know you may have problems with that, so i left it unprotected and it will stay that way.

The problem with your map is that everything has SO much health and damage that at the end, it becomes boring.

Im also gonna note a few problems which really dosent hurt the gameplay.
    - You say the water zombie things are armoured, how can zombies produce armour? If you ment like a layer of bone, type that it evolves into having a layer of bones.
    - No APCs.
    - How the heck can zombies gain acces to America? Its not like there is a walkable passage.
    - Why does zombies use gold? My version still have zombies using gold, while the next version will change that, and no matter how much you change resource names, it still makes no sense since zombies dosent use resources

Tell me if you have any problems with me "fixing" an early version of your map.

12. CrazyWolf12

CrazyWolf12

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is so fucking rigged, 5 gold for 1 zombie? And zombies randomly get 5K? All they have to do is mass in very begging and they won, fucking humans never win cause bye the time they get 1 wall or so the zombies are already in. Balance it out cause it sucks ass and no one can win like that. Whats up with the fucking zombies walking on water? If a zombie walked into water then he would sink and the presser of the very bottom of the ocean would explode him, and those crows need to be nerfed, all they gotta do is make like 4 and send them straight at your workers and then your screwed cause you got zombies in your base. Ive played some rigged maps before and won on both sides, but jesus this was horrible.

Make the zombies cost more so they don't have like 300 in the first minute, make the towers strong or faster so they can actually kill some zombies without dieing once the bad asses come and make the walls stronger. Nerf the flying zombies, make the tier 3 zombies super slow when on water so you have a chance of defending your self from those beasts. I can do all this easy if you gave me an uprotected version.

Just wondering are you fucking talking about making it harder for humans or zombies? Humans are already fucking impossible to win as unless your whole team isn't a complete newb or the zombies are complete newb. The crows and the tier 3 zombies are the worst, thats just going way to far with unbalanced, did you play as zombie or human? When you play both a couple of time then you can post.

13. Sinistra

Sinistra

Resources:
    Resources:
    Quick Review

I've played this map quote a number of times (20 or so) and I'd like to say that I love the concept behind this map!:grin:Even though I can say this it is very imbalanced and seems since you copy protected it has no been modified for some time by anyone. Here is a list of things that I see totally buggered in this game:
    1. Zombies get exponentially weaker in game. If I was smart and walled up a 10 layer thick wall and upgraded it from time to time without having the zombies lvling to lvl 2 they would get really bored and quit or whine and complain. They need some sort of seige unit that goes through walls but doesn't infect or something. Also when the world has decided to wall itself away from zombies, the 10 minute 5k gold doesn't cut it. The zombies need something that gives them a decent amount of gold or units... maybe a trigger spawn the spawns carriers for them.
    2. Spawned triggers; that stuff is not very noob friendly. Seeing how this game has almost no downloads most people playing are noobs. I have seen countless times a person playing Italy will be totally bum raped by the trigger spawn. (It's very funny and I laugh at them)
    3. A great issue is sometimes zombie players get shitted in the pants when they decide to spam units the WC3 engine doesn't support that kind of game play, so i suggest you put a unit limit for all of the players.
    Overall the concept is there. but the game is so imbalanced that people cry foul at every point and turn. People in the prehost phase are always curious about this game only to be disappointed by its tough learning curve, because they don't know the tricks to the game.
    I would give this a 2/5 for playability; 4/5 for concept; and 0/5 for noob friendliness

14. Apollon545

Apollon545

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have been given the unprotected version and will slowly balance the map, however im working on my own project which i will of course focus on.

But to reply to you Sinistra.

1. Im going to add make walls unrepairable or make ranged zombies, have yet to decide.

2. True true, i might make the spawns special so they cant infect, but we will see.

3. Im going to change all health and damage in the next version, and later im gonna remove gold for zombies instead giving them spawning zombies and timed upgrades, if you want to see some of the stuff im adding try playing Medieval Zombie Invasion Fix 9.

15. PaperJack

PaperJack

Resources:
    Resources:
    1. Zombie mass spam gold generating stuff
    2. Zombie upgrade their damage and life to over nine thousand
    3. Zombies win. Always.

16. Sinistra

Sinistra

Resources:
    Resources:
    The greatest problem is the sharp contrast between humans and zombies... it seems that if the zombies were exactly like the humans except undead this would make it more balanced.
    And for the post above; the zombies in my games usually fail when i go human... badly.

17. Apollon545

Apollon545

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well im slowly improving it.

I also discovered Anteep used 0 variables and 0 custom scripts in his triggers Oo.

18. Paladia

Paladia

Resources:
    Resources:
    The map is fairly good and balanced. There is a problem if the humans wall up in the start as the zombies won't get enough gold then, but as most are newbs that doesn't happen too often.

The spawn triggers works fine, it adds a learning curv and once you know them they are easy to deal with while adding at least something to think off as one of the safer nations.

The main problem of the map is that it takes way too long to win as humans. Also, there is no win condition if you actually do win.

19. Anteep

Anteep

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    New update: fixed zombies spawning for humans.

And also, this map is not designed for one-off players, you're meant to play it alot and learn and gain experience.

I see it hosted MANY times on Northrend and so there are quite alot of us out there who know how to play this now.