• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Salamander

This bundle is marked as lacking. It fails to meet the standard requirements and may only have minor use.
Reactions: deepstrasz
So a model meant for the mini modeling contest #5. It's a companion to hero Beastmaster. As I said in the contest thread it is made in a hurry and it may contain some bugs, but just maybe. I have tested it and it should work as intended. Enjoy.
Contents

Salamander (Model)

Salamander_Portrait (Model)

Reviews
HappyCockroach
Looks good, and works fine in-game, with a minor flaw: It decays fully upon death and the corpse comes back again in decay bone. Have the corpse visible in the whole Decay Flesh animation. Awaiting update.
Level 50
The Model is nice, but you should have adjusted the animations a bit.

I know it was made in a hurry and i don't blame you, but you can (if you want) adjust the animations after the contest.
I've tried as much as I can, but the problem are positions of the legs, my mesh clashes with the one I burrowed animations from and that's why it has some clippings.

Level 12
Very nice, it looks very much like an un-assuming wild animal that will bite your damn head off if you get too close. Though some animations look weird and the run cycle has some noticeable clipping when the legs run into each other. Though the concept is really great. I can see this as being some kind of mid-tier creep in an RPG style map!

Level 50
It was meant to be a lava thing salamander, with armored jaw and armored legs but I just couldn't give that 'pet' to the Firelord hero from the mpq. So I ended up with this one and decided to go for Beastmaster because of the level 6 spell of beastmaster.

Level 7
Looks good, and works fine in-game, with a minor flaw: It decays fully upon death and the corpse comes back again in decay bone. Have the corpse visible in the whole Decay Flesh animation. Awaiting update.
I'll agree with Awaiting Update for everything like everyone's models and textures. Its better than no awaiting updates.

Level 14
@Stefan.K
Hello, I found a bug with the model, a thing (sort of machete or Rokhan's axe) is appearing on the shoulder or back of that cute salamader of yours. I'm getting a glitch and kindly let me now if it's just for in-editor only error.
full

Level 50
@Stefan.K
Hello, I found a bug with the model, a thing (sort of machete or Rokhan's axe) is appearing on the shoulder or back of that cute salamader of yours. I'm getting a glitch and kindly let me now if it's just for in-editor only error.
full
Weird, I think it's your map that is bugged, if it was the model itself it would have other machete on the second model behind?

Level 14
Weird, I think it's your map that is bugged, if it was the model itself it would have other machete on the second model behind?
Model worked in-game and the weird floating stuff disappeared when I play the map. Maybe it's just an editor glitch or another model with issues that affect some visuals of these models in-game. Now I suspect that Great Troll War model I used that has that machete thing that appears on the poor salamander's top.