• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Salamander, included or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
hi all, i have a slight problem, the salamanders in my map won't attack the attacker, they always run away like a chicken, so i've want to ask your opinion, shoud it removed, or not?
salamander in my map is a hostile unit, it usualy camp alone in a cave, it droppes some item, such as salamander's skin, and salamander's scale, they both used for material in alchemist's potions

Level 21
You must have edited it from a critter. To keep it from running away, you can either remove the Wander ability or change (in the Unit Editor) 'Stats-Can Flee: True' to False. This looks like an old topic though :ogre_icwydt:

Level 21
Oh, then Wander is your problem. It's better to use triggers to make hostile units move once in a while, and you can use the 'Attack-Move To' order to make them attack nearby enemies while they're moving to a specified point.

Level 7
The Wander ability or unit changed (in the Unit Editor) 'Stats-Can Flee: True' to False.

The wander ability is you're problem, whenever a unit is attacked with this ability they will not attack back. You could use the trigger idea stated above (which shouldn't lag too much)

Status
Not open for further replies.