• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Runescape Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
i could have a go at makin the runes needed for the spells but i dunno are the runes just going to be items??

also im going to need info on the spells like what runes are needed for each spell

i know there is 4 levels for each element air, water, earth, fire but i dont know what runes are needed for each one ...
also are use going to have anceints ??

Combat spells

This is a runescape website it has every runescape detail you will ever find. Runes are items, like ammo.

Level 5
The skills will be very easy. A simple Spell Book with the skills on it. When an action is done it gives exp. Since changing text without replacing the acualy spell, a variable and trigger -checkexp cooking and -checkexpremaining cooking, and for inventory slot a 28 inventory space has been made by other people ive seen it for games that require equipting alot of items for gear. And quests will be simple. A trigger like -quests could give you a bunch of text of all the quests you can do, and such. ^^

I would love to participate in such an event of making a map of this magnitude and idealisim. I will do anything you want =)

Sounds good :smile:

Runescape Map

Developed by devil1d

Project Members

devil1d - Project Leader/Abilities/Creatures/Terrain

12sea21 - Tester/Triggers/Terrain/Items
Garshilan - Model Developer
indomitable1319 - Grammar/Spelling/Tooltips
LostKnight02 - Tester
medion555 - Dialogs
mouseman89 - Tester/Triggers
Mouzzy - Summoning Skill
real138 - Triggers/System Developer
Rpgman509 - Tester/Feedback
theHunt_errr - Terrain/Feedback/Tester
tonyrydland - Terrain/Abilities/Structures
siegaeditor - Tester/Triggers
WOWWARS - Doodads, Destructibles, Items/Custom Spells

Important Information

1. Map will be released in two seperate maps.

The reason this cannot be completed with the 'Epic' size of a Warcraft map is because the size of the real Runescape area will be too large to cover in a single map. It will be divided into:
A - The Wilderness
The Wilderness is the most ferocious place in Runescape, and is the known as the Graveyard for careless players. The Wilderness will also have the strongest creatures, and where the Player Versus Player feature will take effect. There will also be training spots for players to get stronger and level up like Strongholds, and we will try to place the Tzhaar Fight Pits as well. The God Wars dungeon will also be included in The Wilderness. This map will have all the combat aspects of the game, so this is basically a huge endless arena. Take note, there will not be many quests here.

B - The Cities
The cities will be more on the more 'social' and 'industrious' skills of Runescape. The cities will be lush areas fit to what Jagex has created. Though, this part of the production has been halted due to lack of members, and the location of all the quests, along with a few monsters to kill.

As for now, we are working on The Wilderness, because it's more of a basic concept, since it's all about fighting and Player Versus Player battles and epic Boss Battles. Hopefully when The Wilderness is done and released, we will have other members that are ready to work on the Cities.

2. We need more members.

Right now, at this moment we need:
- Makers and Triggerers of the Runes required for spells. For now, don't bother with the other runes, just work on the basic elemental runes. -
- Equipment for players, only up to Rune with stats; and don't bother with the Novite, Bathus, Marmaros, Kratonite, Fractite and the rest of the Dungeoneering equipment. -
- The Wilderness Ditch Trigger and Terrain -
- Revenant spells which are Bind and a separate ranged and magic attack -
- Spell Books and Spells -
- Monsters for areas with appropriate spells and models -
- Bosses -
- Stronghold Of Security Triggers and Enemies -
- God Wars Dungeon; Zamorak, Bandos, Saradomin, Armadyl -
- Terrainers for different cities and nature areas -

3. Feedback and Suggestions are very helpful to the project.

All your suggestions and bug reports affect the project. All of your suggestions help to make the map better, and bug reports make sure the map is clean and working properly!

Inculded with this post in the latest release of the map, enjoy and remember #3 of the information!

Dammit devil1d!!!

I am playing Runescape right now! Poopla913's the Username.

Level 5
Hi again. Nice description and everything. I have not been able to do anything on the cities. i will terrain the cities of what is left when I got time as we all have the real life to survive. And I suggest to not make it so detailed with terrain, but first make the basic structurs so that we can easily move on to other things like quests... etc. But I do think that those pictures of the terrain helped a lot! And I hope more people will join, so that the Project moves forward more often. And have you seen that Runescape lies on the top of the list in "Project recruitment" with replies and views. ;D (School starting)

[center][color=gray][h1][font=Old English Text MT]Runescape Map[/h1][/color]
[h2][color=gray]Developed by devil1d[/color][/h2][/font]

[table][color=olivegreen][h3]Project Members[/color][/h3]
[r][color=red]devil1d[/color] - [b]Project Leader[/b]/Abilities/Creatures/Terrain

[color=red]12sea21[/color] - Tester/Triggers/Terrain/Items
[color=red]Garshilan[/color] - Model Developer
[color=red]indomitable1319[/color] - Grammar/Spelling/Tooltips
[color=red]LostKnight02[/color] - Tester
[color=red]medion555[/color] - Dialogs
[color=red]mouseman89[/color] - Tester/Triggers
[color=red]Mouzzy[/color] - Summoning Skill
[color=red]real138[/color] - Triggers/System Developer
[color=red]Rpgman509[/color] - Tester/Feedback
[color=red]theHunt_errr[/color] - Terrain/Feedback/Tester
[color=red]tonyrydland[/color] - Terrain/Abilities/Structures
[color=red]siegaeditor[/color] - Tester/Triggers
[color=red]WOWWARS[/color] - Doodads, Destructibles, Items/Custom Spells

[r][color=olivegreen][h3]Important Information[/h3][/color][r]
[h3][b]1. Map will be released in two seperate maps.[/b][/h3]
The reason this cannot be completed with the 'Epic' size of a Warcraft map is because the size of the real Runescape area will be too large to cover in a single map. It will be divided into:
A - The Wilderness
The Wilderness is the most ferocious place in Runescape, and is the known as the Graveyard for careless players. The Wilderness will also have the strongest creatures, and where the Player Versus Player feature will take effect. There will also be training spots for players to get stronger and level up like Strongholds, and we will try to place the Tzhaar Fight Pits as well. The God Wars dungeon will also be included in The Wilderness. This map will have all the combat aspects of the game, so this is basically a huge endless arena. Take note, there will not be many quests here.

B - The Cities
The cities will be more on the more 'social' and 'industrious' skills of Runescape. The cities will be lush areas fit to what Jagex has created. Though, this part of the production has been halted due to lack of members, and the location of all the quests, along with a few monsters to kill.

As for now, we are working on The Wilderness, because it's more of a basic concept, since it's all about fighting and Player Versus Player battles and epic Boss Battles. Hopefully when The Wilderness is done and released, we will have other members that are ready to work on the Cities.

[h3][b]2. We need more members.[/b][/h3]
Right now, at this moment we need:
[color=lightblue]- Makers and Triggerers of the Runes required for spells. For now, don't bother with the other runes, just work on the basic elemental runes. -
- Equipment for players, only up to Rune with stats; and don't bother with the Novite, Bathus, Marmaros, Kratonite, Fractite and the rest of the Dungeoneering equipment. -
- The Wilderness Ditch Trigger and Terrain -
- Revenant spells which are Bind and a separate ranged and magic attack -
- Spell Books and Spells -
- Monsters for areas with appropriate spells and models -
- Bosses -
- Stronghold Of Security Triggers and Enemies -
- God Wars Dungeon; Zamorak, Bandos, Saradomin, Armadyl -
- Terrainers for different cities and nature areas -[/color]
[h3][b]3. Feedback and Suggestions are very helpful to the project.[/b][/h3]
All your suggestions and bug reports affect the project. All of your suggestions help to make the map better, and bug reports make sure the map is clean and working properly![r]
Inculded with this post in the latest release of the map, enjoy and remember #3 of the information![/table][/center]

I used so you can just copy and paste it.

Level 5
hey guys
sorry looong time since i logged on here
an unfortunately dealing with a lot of studies on 11th grade
failed in like physics and chem

so i cant work on Rs map till i'm on my holidays
so hope u guys can keep the map project going strong till then

Indom an tony i'm putting you guys in charge now so hope u guys can keep eyrithing going
oh ya an awesome intro tony i'm just gonna add some few things to it an post it now
and glad you guys are joining the team infinate an milzy
and good work on getting the music zulrivers :D
and tony or indom could u correspond with the members listed there an ask them wether they are still intrested in this or do they wish to leave?
and thanks

and here are the maps again

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=58x34v

ok now with the skills infinate u shld check out the map
i had done the fletching skill like that using a spell book to create arrows
but with the magic skill i'm just confused cause i dont have a clue wether i should put in tele spells
or wether i should modify the magic skill such that its just magic(power), abilities and runecrafting
now with the inventory i was thinking tht the basic 6 slots can be used to represent the equipped interface an anothr equipment inventory like the one in diablo
but problem comes when u wish to rapidly switch equipment during battles
an eating food an stuff gets complex with that

oh and feel free for suggestions/criticism or anything else
and always ready to take in more members :D

Last edited:
Level 9
A very good inventory system.

And i will get to started as soon as im done with my chemistry, geometry, english, and history homework.

quite nice but soms things that can be improved.

the items you carry give bonuses even if you have 3 claws of attack so we should have a seperate equiqment window.
also i prefer the left click instead of the right click becouse when you have your unit selected you will move him there

I could make a level show thingy for the skills using a multiboard.

devil1d with your fletching if you make runite arrows you make iron arrow steel arrows etc.

When i can work on the map tell me

Level 5
ok thanks indom for the info
oh an guys
before we get ahead of ourselves just keep the heels in try finishng one thing at a time
sum1 has to develop the stat showing system
some1 has to do something about lumby
oh an medion
i think you should continue on the stronghold in the wilderness map
lots of ways for u to improvise an innovate
and i still havnt got a good soluiton to the mage aspect of the game !!!!!!!!!!

Level 9
ok thanks indom for the info
oh an guys
before we get ahead of ourselves just keep the heels in try finishng one thing at a time
sum1 has to develop the stat showing system
some1 has to do something about lumby
oh an medion
i think you should continue on the stronghold in the wilderness map
lots of ways for u to improvise an innovate
and i still havnt got a good soluiton to the mage aspect of the game !!!!!!!!!!

I actually wanted to work on this part of the map (lumby varrock etc.) because I don't now much about the wilderness, We could make a spell book for magic and when a spell is casted check whether the player has the needed mage skill level but the runes still make a problem.

Level 17
I actually wanted to work on this part of the map (lumby varrock etc.) because I don't now much about the wilderness, We could make a spell book for magic and when a spell is casted check whether the player has the needed mage skill level but the runes still make a problem.

How my stat system is set up, we can give a spell book 99 levels and have 3 sections inside the spell book Combat, Teleportation, Miscellaneous. (And combat 2 if needed) And add spells into it as he levels up his magic skill.

Level 5
:D good going guys
now if anione dosnt have their hands full could they take some good screeneies upload it somewhere an give me a link so tht i can put it up on the first post ???

Level 5
ya i meant screen shots
gimme a link to some good screenies one of u take
and thanks again indom :D

Level 5
Long Time no chat... Things are going slow with me these times, hopefully we do have other terrainers too. And anyone can work n the map, I have not done anything yet since I have studies to do now. But I am still staying, because when the holidays are on and the Runescape Project is still attractive I will then continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.