• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Runescape Project [new]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

The monsters in and around Lumbridge would probably be a good start, just keep going from there. We will be doing the entire game world, and yes it is a campaign so there is no multiplayer; We will try our best to include some type of bots to party with is possible, there will be scripted "players" doing their own thing around the map though.

Anything past the normal drops of a monster can probably be guesstimated.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Yep everything including the members world. We had a discussion awhile back, we had that idea as one option but we decided a campaign would be better.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

I dont own a members subscription. So the drops are different for me.

The only thing I remember that was different with the drops was that herbs and clue scrolls dropped the odd time. So it should be fine, any extra loot can probably be found on the wikki and the drop chance can be guesstimated.

Level 15
pretty much any monster has different drops. For example the level 30 zombies in the dungeon in the barbarian villages. Members get fire runes from them and other good F2P items when F2P players dont get those items even if they are f2P. ANd the wiki doesnt seem to be that accurate.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Guess we will just half to change some things then =P

Level 24
I think yayoi is correct I don't think anything besides summoning stones and herbs when you were member since i farmed level 50-80 attack while I were a member.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Little notice...

Xork and I have been coming up with how everything will work and we have some ideas that I think are good and will work but we need some terrain to get done to keep everything rolling.

If anyone knows a terrainer that will do the terrain or if anyone wants to do the terrain just send a PM to Xork saying so. The systems, items, npcs, creatures and everything else will be done a lot faster if we have some terrain.

Level 24
What is it you need terraining exactly because that makes alot of diffrence? For example me I would hate to create Al'Kharid and the whole dessert area but I would on the other hand love to create a snowy mountain.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

We're still on Lumbridge since both Xork and I aren't very good at terraining; If you need doodads just let us know and we will make them.

Level 24
Well... I wasen't trying to join the team I got turned down 2 years ago so I wount try again. ;)

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

=P I know, but if you were bored and wanted to do some terrain you could.

Level 24
=P I know, but if you were bored and wanted to do some terrain you could.

So you don't want to offer me a place in the team but you want me to make the terrein for your team??? Ain't those the same things?

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Ask Xork about team stuff I just need some terrain to get done T.T

Level 24
Well... maybe tell me what to do, send me the models and I'll send you something and you'll decide if it's good enough or not.

Level 16
Finished%20Skills%20Multiboard.jpg

Instead of making an Icon out of an Icon. Just use the icons inside the icons. So its a larger sword. A larger constitution heart. Instead of having the blackness and the boarder around it. I personally think it would look better that way.

Do the same with runes.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Finished%20Skills%20Multiboard.jpg

Instead of making an Icon out of an Icon. Just use the icons inside the icons. So its a larger sword. A larger constitution heart. Instead of having the blackness and the boarder around it. I personally think it would look better that way.

Do the same with runes.

I would but I'm not exactly what you'd call even a "noob" at photoshop, I was lucky enough to know how to paste and figure out how to use the icon border pack for the layers. If anyone would like to create some new icons for us I'd be happy to put them in instead of the ones I've made.

Level 12
I think to make the whole world of Runescape is too much work, I advise that the developers of RuneScape work on the free version of Runescape (Varrock, Karamja, Crandor, Lumbridge, Al Kharid, Wilderness, Edgeville, Falador).

I was trying to make RuneScape but I wondered why would I play Runescape in Warcraft when I can play RuneScape online so I stopped working on it and because I could not find models suitable for my former RuneScape project. I could make a mini RuneScape mod about something. I wonder when is this going to be done because I am not sure that there are models necessary to finish this project.

Level 12
The RuneScape project does not have to be something great, because if everything is copied from RuneScape, it would still not look same as RuneScape. The project could be based on survival in Wilderness, where players pk or Clan Wars. I tried myself and the map, systems, units took long to finish, I just finished some areas and quit.

I have a video about RuneScape, I abandoned this map it is just a RuneScape experiment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vmuep6s4fM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3nHGU18oRE&list=UUvy_vw2mtsrK0S5tGp69Qjg&index=1&feature=plcp

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

ATM we're starting with Lumbridge.

Since both Xork and I are doodad modelers we can make just about whatever we need; I'm not even sure if this project is still going TBH mainly because nothing has been done in awhile...

Level 20
Hello guys!
Here I am, the Leader of this project.
I will sadly announce that this project has died, due to not being able to find a terrainer and having few members in the development team, we weren't making any progress at all with the map so it's best to let you know.

So I'd like to say thank you, for all of the support in this project and the last Runescape Project
- xorkatoss, Project Leader

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

I really hate to necro this but, just in case anyone wanted to have a look at the files we had, here are all of the files in our group dropbox. There isn't much but it's what we had done along with the images, text files, few models and some other misc stuff.

The basics of the project were planned out and we probably could have finished the project (I know we could have) but the lack of any other members and of certain things we needed caused the project to fail as far as I can remember.

Attachments

• Runescape - Warcraft 3.rar
    17.3 MB · Views: 95
Status
Not open for further replies.