• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Runescape-Full Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Runescape-Full Version Terrainer needed

Runescape-Logo.png

Need Terrainer

Current version - Alpha v0.2
Last updated 9/3/10

I am working on recreating the world of RuneScape within Warcraft. That means making EVERYTHING.

My progress thus far is more concerned the skills and calculations for experience/level/combat. Most leaks are fixed that I can see and I have come up with an Alpha version of the game.

Please report any bugs you find

Goals:

-All skills
-All items
-All quests
-Multiplayer supported
-Saving progress

Definitely not prestigious at all.... [/SARCASM]

For those who could be bothered to read thus far: enter "::master" in the game ;)

Attachments

• Runescape.w3x
    718.1 KB · Views: 261
Last edited:
Level 3
Even if they don't find it popular, I'm sure some of these systems can be of use to someone.

Level 12
So far it's alright. I don't know if you were going for any of the categories rated yet.

Cons - Terrain is bad, and the map is unplayable unless you add a computer-controlled slot.

Pros - Seems a lot like actual Runescape

Keep working on this, it could be a great game.

Ratings Chart
Terrain - 2/5
Playability - 0/5 (You can't play unless you edit it)
Theme - 4/5
Overall: 12/30 (Keep working on it)

Remember, add more doodads and vary terrain. Make the map multiplayer and make it playable (need an opponent)

Level 3
Terrain is definitely a WIP :p

Also I'm aware that the combat system is bugged, I'm trying to find a way to refine it and add another variable for weapon damage to make it more accurate.

Level 5
aierou
there's already a runescape map being developed would ya mind joining us ???
were almost done on the lumbridge part of rs maybe you should check it out
search for runescape map
oh an good luck if you wish to continue on alone :D

Level 18
Afcourse not many WC3 players play RS here are reasons why.

1: Rs graphics compared with WoW graphics (says enough)
2: Spells and attack animations compared with WoW (terrible)
3: Gameplay of leveling system (Very anoying compared with WoW)
4: Since we all play Wc3 its logical that we pick WoW above RS

To get on topic of your game. I wish you goodluck and maybe show som screenshots?

Yes, but WoW has nothing to do with Wc3. In fact, most people think it screwed the lore and took a big bite of Warcraft's popularity.
I don't think he has finished the terrain, so screenshots should not be available.

Aierou: Please update your posts. Many triggerers and spellmakers may not know RuneScape, so you should put up a list of spells you want done, and same thing for quests, terrain etc. And before you start terraining, do download the UTM(Ultimate Terraining Map). Those doodads will save you alot of work.
Good luck on the project.

Level 12
Afcourse not many WC3 players play RS here are reasons why.

1: Rs graphics compared with WoW graphics (says enough)
2: Spells and attack animations compared with WoW (terrible)
3: Gameplay of leveling system (Very anoying compared with WoW)
4: Since we all play Wc3 its logical that we pick WoW above RS

To get on topic of your game. I wish you goodluck and maybe show som screenshots?

IMO WoW is a horrible game and I'd rather play a Teletubbies videogame.

Level 3
Ima check it out :)

As an 2005-2010 RS Player, this seems interesting ;)

Also, I could help with the terraining :)

That would be nice :p I'm not much into terraining, so if you do anything with the map PM it to me please :)

Aierou: Please update your posts. Many triggerers and spellmakers may not know RuneScape, so you should put up a list of spells you want done, and same thing for quests, terrain etc. And before you start terraining, do download the UTM(Ultimate Terraining Map). Those doodads will save you alot of work.
Good luck on the project.

Thanks for your advice, I'll look into it :p

Level 3
Well, considering it's in the earliest possible stages of development, I will take that as a compliment.

Map updated

Level 7
Well I tried it, and since here is not much there, its allitle hard to judge. Well I have to say the combat system looks solid (are you planning on useing the new system runescape uses?) Also it looks you are only createing the free world. (correct me if I am wrong) I just expected the FULL version would have everything, but a mod of just the free world would be cool none the less.

Level 3
Well I tried it, and since here is not much there, its allitle hard to judge. Well I have to say the combat system looks solid (are you planning on useing the new system runescape uses?) Also it looks you are only createing the free world. (correct me if I am wrong) I just expected the FULL version would have everything, but a mod of just the free world would be cool none the less.

Yes, it is true that it is only a f2p version of map at this point. Unfortunately I am using the largest map size possible on warcraft and it isn't enough. Future plans include adding more maps for different parts of the game.

Lol that's nice, a runescape map.

Thank you, lol

Level 3
thanks for the offers! If you want to help with the project, just modify the currently available map and send it to me, I will then decide who is the best choice as terrainer :)

Level 3
Please look i work on a German version (its better(i say this,because i wantet to work with you))

Or here on my Website:
http://lungdrache.jimdo.com/warcraft-iii/rpg/
More descripten on the next Catgory

I don't think you can say it's better, maybe in some ways, but my map also has ways in which IT is better: I.E. My map uses variables and triggers that closely, if not exactly, mimic the skills in RuneScape, which translates to increased playability.

So, In that way, my map is better.

Level 2
If you want a full list of RS items, skills, quests, etc. you should google tip.it/runescape. They have a very comprehensive site complete with step by step walkthroughs of all the quests, damage calculators, level requirements, and pretty much anything else you can think of.

I would try posting a link, but I know most forums have rules against new members doing that... if you are still working on this I could help you out, I'm still pretty new at map editing but I learn fast.

Level 15
Dude dontr triple post, and also dont use cheats. If you do so your game will not be balanced, you wont know when to kill the monsters and stuff. You need to test the game completely over and over again to get a balanced game. Thats how mine is really balanced.

Level 2
Assuming that the xp system is going to be similar to the one RS uses you really do have to use cheats to test everything, otherwise it could take you years to find glitches in higher levels...

Level 9
Level 3
For all calling me out on "Triple-Posting": Each post is at least 48 hours apart, which by the Hive's rules does NOT count as a triple post... Obv I know not to Triple-post...

Dude dontr triple post, and also dont use cheats. If you do so your game will not be balanced, you wont know when to kill the monsters and stuff. You need to test the game completely over and over again to get a balanced game. Thats how mine is really balanced.

Ffffff..... (I am aware of both these and have already answered about "cheats") The cheats are for testing the map, you think I would add those to the real game? I believe this forum is for "Map Development" not finished products.

hello aierou me and devild1 have been working on a runescape project quite a while and me seeing this I think i should also notify you of our map located here>http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/project-recruitment-256/runescape-map-157606/index24.html

I tested your map and i like a few things like the combat system but the tut guy just one hitted me :( :p gl with your map if you need any help with triggers don't hasertate to pm me or something.

I am aware of your map, but I don't like the way you are using Warcraft-esque heroes as it makes it seem apart from RuneScape...

Also: Ofc the guy 1-hitted you, he's for mid level combat testing, I made him to test hits at higher levels.

Level 15
Ffffff..... (I am aware of both these and have already answered about "cheats") The cheats are for testing the map, you think I would add those to the real game? I believe this forum is for "Map Development" not finished products.

You still dont get it....

Wjile you betatest WITH cheats you cant see what things are hard and what are easy so you DONT know what to improve!! If you dont get it after this post your really gonna regret it later.

Status
Not open for further replies.